You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1968 33 ft Newell

New member here. The Newell factory referred me to you guys!Just acquired a oldie but goody 1968 unit. Anybody have any info on this age Newell. Looking for windows as all are frozen closed. cracked 3 thinking this can't be possible. Tried all kinds of silicone, rust penetrating stuff etc. Can't find anywhere that either has or makes replacement windows.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Larry Moore
1968 Newell 33' 

Congrats Larry. She's a beauty!! I have heard that there were only 10 Newells made in 1968. I don't know if he is still on the board but Ryan Ferguson (username: 1968) bought a 1968 model about 3 years ago. You might try emailing him. Yours is only the third 1968 I have seen photos of. We would love to see more photos. Glad you are here and I hope someone will be able to help you out with your window issue as they look like the windows in the 1980's Newells that some of our members have experience with replacing.

PS: You have a PM from me.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Lot's of experience on this forum. There doesn't seem to be anything these folks haven't done themselves to their Newells,

Those appear to be the same windows we have on our 1984. I cracked 2 of them. It is somewhere in the middle of my "got to do it "list. I call them go fast windows because of the forward slant. Mine seem do be really solid, with the exception of several being very hard to open. I think they were repaired with the wrong diameter felt at one time in their life. Soap , silicone, rv window lube, doesn't help much. I plan on taking them apart and replacing the felt slider material, as they are superior to most rv windows.

Good luck working on your new to you coach.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Peninsula Glass in Vacouver, WA. Can make new windows to fit, at least they did for the 77 coach I used to own. They may have information about your windows based upon other's purchases.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

I had them make new windows for my 90

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Hi Larry
Nice - Love the looks of your coach. I believe my 75 has the same windows. 
I found that the felt runners that help seal and insulate the window glass was hard and full of dirt. You can pry them out to confirm - you will need to replace them with new which is available. I bought some last year and just replaced a bunch of it. The process is a little tricky but not hard. I'll send you some info on what I bought, it kind of worked so I hope someone else can get you pointers on a different supplier. When you face the window from the inside, the left part of the window is fixed in place. The right side window slides on the inner track. So If the windows is closed you can remove the felt from the lower inner track to the right of the window stop "solid rubber" left of the sliding window. On mine this got them loose enough to move. Then once you get it moving open it all the way and gently pry with a pick or small screw driver when you're ready to replace the felt/rubber U channel. If it comes out in one piece you will see how they had it installed. Most of mine came out in hard pieces. So good luck on this.
If you have any questions I'm happy to help - I'm very new with this stuff also. Send me a private message - I'll send my email and cell number.
These older coaches need lot's of love.

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea

Here's the info
Here's the info from the box
814-467-9842
Restoration Wholesale