You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1987 Blue and Silver Newell For Sale

Well, I hope the guy gets his asking for it. I know I have spent 30k on top of my purchase price with another 30k to go for paint with just my labor! If someone wanted to buy mine, I know it would sell for the quality I have in it. I was coach shopping for over a year and anything in the 25-30k needed another 60 to get it decent enough to be allowed in RV parks. Most of these are neglected in the hose, tire, fuel line, engine, interior, exterior department. Having said all that, I would have gladly worked with that seller mentioned above if I had not found/invested in mine. They certainly don't make those anymore. Of course, aside from mechanical updates, PM and repairs, cosmetics color choices are all subjective and thats where people will either value or devalue a purchase.

Jon, I remember seeing an accident like that where the husband survived but his wife was ejected and killed when their fiberglass RV rolled. Really sad indeed when you see stuff like that regardless.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Simon, like you I have more money invested in my coach than I'll ever expect to recoup, but it is what makes me happy. I figure my coach is good for at least a million miles, and unless I start putting on exponentially more miles per year, it'll last my lifetime.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

You know the old adage...."You can't take it with you" My wife and I prescribe to this in the way we live our lives. When we die, we will be penniless. Nobody in the family gets a dime! We work hard so we can play hard. Having said that, I guess every one's financial situation is different. What looks like a reasonable deal to one might be a ripoff to another. I get it.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

This is the same coach that has been forsale for over 6 months. I and others have made comments about the price. It’s age and engine limit the price in my opinion. It may be nice but when you are asking mid 90’s coach prices and probably coaches with the newer Series 60 engine it doesn’t make much sense to me. You can buy a lot of coach for 80k. Realistically the price should be 45-55k. But it only takes one person who thinks the 80k is a good price, previously looking at Prevosts who say that 80k is a deal. In the last 6 years I have followed these classics Newell’s, I have only seen two that were priced high and they sold for 50k.

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks