You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Inverter shut down

K     Any ideas beside this inverter being made in China, Junk. Why it will not power my T.V.

1. I can plug a drill into the outlet on the inverter and it works fine.

My system should be very little draw since the inverters just power the 2 tv’s. When I attempt to switch  the inverter switch the solenoid works but the inverter errors as it drops volts eventually blows the fuses on the inverter. 

2. Second clue is if I plug into a gfci plug from my house it will trip also when I try to plug in my tv circuit. I can plug into another house plug and it will work fine.

3. I question is my problem the 12 volt/ 120 ac relay causes me issues, if so do I even need this relay. Could I just connect the hard wire the 120 volt wires together. I wonder though if the power would back feed to the inverter. I’m thinking the relay must activate when shore power plugged in because I have power at tv’s

Lastly I remember those plug style inverters are a little finicky. Will a hard wired in inverter solve my problem.

Any thoughts?

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

What happens if you plug the tv into an extension cord and then plug that cord into gfi plug at your house?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(08-23-2018, 05:58 PM)Richard Wrote:  What happens if you plug the tv into an extension cord and then plug that cord into gfi plug at your house?

When I say plug in tv, I mean I plug in at my inverter location. Which ties through the 12v/120v relay then to the t.v.’s

the plug that plugs into the inverter, I plug that ac cable into the house plug with extension cable and it’s fine. If I plug the extension cord into a gfci at my house it will pop the gfci.

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

I am sorry that I do not understand completely what you are saying. What I am trying to do is a methodical process of separating the three different potential causes you have listed. So let’s start with the tv. What happens when you plug the tv ONLY into gfi outlet at your home?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )