You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

all ignition related electrical cuts in and out while driving

i am posting this on behalf of a fellow guru who is currently driving.  he has an 02 newell.

he said while driving all the gauges and everything electrically related to having the ignition on goes dead on and off randomly.  he hears clicking in the relay panel in front of the passengers feet.

suggestions?   he has replaced the ignition relay several times in the past for ignition being dead.  

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom, mine is an 03, I'll do some wire tracing. mine did the same and i called Tommy and he said some relay drop out but his suggestion was to stop and turn the ignition off and back on. it came back and hasn't occurred since. also had something with resetting a computer. not sure which cpu he was talking about.

Ron Gripon
2003 coach 660-F150 
2005 Porsche Boxster

Check th ground for the relay and all
Connections. Could be w bad crimp. Sounds like the relay is losing its trigger signal if he hears it click on and off. If the relay were bad it wouldnt turn itself on and off.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I would suspect a self resetting breaker is the source of the clicking. Find that and then replace. If it still clicks, find the overload/short.

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Sorry for the late reply on this one. It was the ignition relay just failed. Glad I keep extra relays on board  Smile .

2002 45'8" Triple Slide #639

In the past, there were several issues in cars where the owner had many keys on the ignition key ring and it resulted in intermittent contact from the ignition switch itself.

Those ignition switches just did not have the strength to support the added weight of the key ring.

Happy miles,
Danny