You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hi everyone

Been a RV owner for about 4 yrs. My family and I go to Myrtle Beach at least once a yr.  We love our unique 94 London Aire but we  hope to be in a 2005 - 2007 Newell Coach. The new emissions scare me so trying to steer clear of them. I'm an owner operator trucker driving long haul in mainly the east coast.
Long, Haw River area NC

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Long
94 London Aire,  NC

We hope you find the Newell you are looking for.There were 36 Newells built in 2005, 34 in 2006 and 45 in 2007.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Wow!! Amazing! Thanks

Long
94 London Aire,  NC

Happy Labor day!

Long
94 London Aire,  NC

Welcome to the forum
I saw one that I liked that was listed on the for sale section a while back - I thought it was a 2004 with 3 or 4 slides I think at Monkey Island in Ok near Tulsa. Also one of the guy's here in West Michigan has a beautiful unit for sale - these were both way above my budget but looked nice to me.
Just my two cents - worthless with inflation Smile
Of coarse if money is not object go for the steerable tag axle - that looks cool.

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea

(09-06-2018, 05:48 AM)superbirds Wrote:  Welcome to the forum
I saw one that I liked that was listed on the for sale section a while back - I thought it was a 2004 with 3 or 4 slides I think at Monkey Island in Ok near Tulsa. Also one of the guy's here in West Michigan has a beautiful unit for sale - these were both way above my budget but looked nice to me.
Just my two cents - worthless with inflation Smile
Of coarse if money is not object go for the steerable tag axle - that looks cool.

Thank you! . Yeah they're sure nice to look at.  You're right about the inflation. .if only it were possible to buy one and rent it out but with the way some renters treat other people's property,  im not sure its worth the headache.  I've been researching that option and boy do i read some horrible stories!  So..  for now,  i'll just ouhh.. ahhh at the beautiful works of art call newell coach. Smile

Long
94 London Aire,  NC

FYI, You can extend your range of acceptable years into the 2008 and possibly early 2009 coaches. Mine is a 2008 (1223) and has the 2006 Cat C15 engine which has almost no emissions equipment. As with Autos the model year is usually produced at least late in the previous year so a 2008 made in 2007 could have a 2006 produced engine. Get the serial number of the engine on the coach your looking at and give Caterpillar a call and they will have the entire build sheet and dates on the engine.

2008 Newell #1223 4 slide, Cat C15 with ZF 12 spd, 2004 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Duramax 6.6[Image: thumbnails.php?album=143] Toad for fishing. 

(09-14-2018, 10:07 AM)NotSoFast Wrote:  FYI, You can extend your range of acceptable years into the 2008 and possibly early 2009 coaches. Mine is a 2008 (1223) and has the 2006 Cat C15 engine which has almost no emissions equipment. As with Autos the model year is usually produced at least late in the previous year so a 2008 made in 2007 could have a 2006 produced engine. Get the serial number of the engine on the coach your looking at and give Caterpillar a call and they will have the entire build sheet and dates on the engine.

Thanks for the info. i appreciate it. I'm learning more and more about these lovely coaches. Tell me, is there anything you don't like about yours?  like, any regrets? Yours, in my opinion, is the ideal coach.. not too much emission stuff and recent enough to have all the bells and whistles.  I'm 47 and It's quite a jump from a 94 london aire to an 08 newell. buying something that is costly must be a long term decision.. it's not like there is a 15 day return policySmile  I love my london aire but i tell you, we've had our ups and many downs,

Long
94 London Aire,  NC

This is just my opinion.

If you are not uber wealthy, and I'm not, then there are two mandatory ingredients for satisfied Newell ownership. One, you must enjoy using it as a comfortable way to travel and see the country. Two, you must view it as a hobby and enjoy repairing, remodeling, and customizing to feed the hobby. You must enjoy the technical learning that you will need to keep the coach going.

There is no financial break even. You can do a whole bunch of traveling, staying in nice resorts and eating fancy dinners, for just what the yearly depreciation is. Never mind yearly maintenance, campground fees, and fuel. It is not an inexpensive way to travel.

If you expect less maintenance costs because it's a Newell, then you will be mistaken. In my opinion they are no more or no less to maintain then any other high end motor coach. They are not Hondas. They do not run 100,000 miles without any intervention.

I do not have one regret. Ownership has provided two huge unexpecteds. The first is the friendships I have forged with other members of this forum. It's hard to describe how unique it is until you have spent some time in person with us. The second unexpected is the constant spur for learning that the coach forces me to do. That learning keeps me on my toes, and we all need to keep ourselves sharp. But those experiences are not Newell based.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks Richard for your many words of wisdom. I definately need to simplify and declutter my life before stepping into a newell. I'm currently busy with my over the road trucks and other projects around the house So a Newell may have to be ways down the road, unless of course, i find a deal that i just cant refuse Smile. Thanks again for sharing

Long
94 London Aire,  NC