You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hose adaptor

Could one simply use the macerator pump and a garden hose to pump effluent into a honey wagon?

yes, but not sure they would want to wait that long

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I’m still trying to figure out WHY I would need to have a bucket involved in the process... I’m worried the sucker truck will suck my tank walls out... I left the coach sitting at Bernd’s full and will return with my Macerator unit (I need to install it anyway) in two weeks when we return to pick up the coach.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Don't underestimate the power of vacuum! A few years back I saw what it can do. A customer had a 400 bbl steel frac tank set up as a water storage unit. A truck driver forgot to open the air vent valve when he pumped out 73 bbl of water. It collapsed the almost brand new steel frac tank. (Rain for Rent style of tank) By using the 5 gal bucket, you isolate your tanks from the vacuum. As long as there is ample space for air to flow into the top of the bucket.

since the race coach guys use it, i assume they do it for a reason and not for fun

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(09-15-2018, 09:18 AM)folivier Wrote:  Ok, I was visualizing an open white 5 gallon bucket with all sorts of effluent floating and flying around! Haha!

Me too, that's a relief (pun)!

Mick & Renee
2009 Newell 45’ 8” #1277, C15 625HP 12-speed ZF
Full time working and traveling. 

Wow you guy's made my day, another cool idea and something to laugh about early in the morning. I'll be adding one of these.
Thanks

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea

(09-15-2018, 09:10 AM)bestgenman Wrote:  Where can we get a bucket shown in the picture please? 

"The picture below shows a square five gal with a Valterra style slide valve bolted directly to one of the flat surfaces.   The valve has the "hook" side of the most common fitting.  There is a hose with a mating connector for the valve (not shown yet, waiting) of which the other end is slipped over the tailpiece of the Waste Master and hose clamped.  The waste truck operator puts his nozzle into the square five gal and draws a vacuum while the effluent is filled into the five gal from the coach.  The opening in the five gal is large enough to allow ample air to flow in. " 

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Here are the rest of the pictures for the pump out equipment.  For those that don't understand, when you need to empty your waste tank and the only way is to use a waste effluent provider (aka honey wagon) you'll likely need this equipment.

These photos came from Brent Burton, Rahal Letterman Lanigan coach driver.  He is at nearly all Indy Car events and uses this equipment on a regular basis.

Brent is driving a 2017 (I think) and has the Waste Master hose end fitting.  You can see, he removes the rubber cone and clamps the hose in pic 2 while attaching the end in pic 1 to the 5 gal.  The rest is self explanatory.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Why aren't the other drain lines serving as additional vents into the tank when the sucker is doing its thing? I would think there would be tons of redundant venting -- or at least there is in my coach, looking at the many independent lines plumbed into the top of my waste tank. What am I missing?

I mean, sure, the sucker truck guy has to have a little common sense and go easy on the vacuum so as to not overwhelm the system. But I suspect a collapse is a super rare event.

I'd hate to carry around a random intermediate sewage tank just to be able to get pumped out once in a while.

2008 Newell #1234
Boulder, CO