You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1997 #463

I wouldn't mind having this coach and convert the rear lounge into a bedroom. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-Newell-Mot...SwcMhblA7g

Looks like someone bought it - I also liked the looks of that coach - I think he bought it a year or so ago for 30k then just sold for 50k. Not a bad day's work. I suspect from looking at the pictures that there are a few issues left to fix. I really liked how it was configured except the lack of a bedroom. Oh well it's out of my budget, but dreaming is fun.

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea

my coach had an office in the back and now it has a bedroom.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(09-17-2018, 06:34 AM)encantotom Wrote:  my coach had an office in the back and now it has a bedroom.  

tom

Hey Tom, did you do the remodel or did you have someone do it for you?

Dan

Life is what you make it.

did it myself (and a buddy). not quite done but close

made a bed that looks just like a newell made one only a little stronger and bigger. it is a cal king and with only slightly rounded corners.

took out the sectional, the desk, etc.

tom

Tom
That sounds great, with the work I've seen pictures of that you've done I'm sure it looking good. I saw a show on Tiny houses where the bed tilted up murphy style with a desk available with the bed up. Not sure it would work in the setup, but cool anyway.

I thought the coach looked great, hopefully the new owner will join and pipe in.

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea

(09-17-2018, 09:04 AM)encantotom Wrote:  did it myself (and a buddy).  not quite done but close

made a bed that looks just like a newell made one only a little stronger and bigger.  it is a cal king and with only slightly rounded corners.  

took out the sectional, the desk, etc.

tom

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't own a Newell...yet Wink , but from what I can tell from looking at a few of them, they are built in a way you can take them apart if you need to work on them or modify them to your liking.

that has been my experience. there are always a few tricks on taking things apart.

i used to keep a container with parts i had leftover after i put things back together. when it got full i got rid of it. ha

tom

I heard a good mechanic always has a few parts left over! ;-)

Well I actually had the winning bid.  Of course after I paid for travel, I did some research on the coach and that's when the wheels started coming off. I bought a coach with 115,000 miles but it turns out that it has a tad bit more. 

After I found an old ad stating it had 265,000 I asked the seller and he then said "I could rest assure the miles were somewhere between 112,000 and 270,000 miles." 

So I'm sorry to say, but there seems to be too many ongoing "unknowns" with this coach and the owner hasn't been forthcoming unless questioned. I ran an Autocheck and the coach was in an accident in 2013, but the current owner claims to have no clue. Now the current owner owns a Dodge Dealership, so it would seem that he would have checked this kind of info because he would? 
So, I guess it's better to walk away and be safe than sorry.... Huh