You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Kb0zke is looking for older Newell

Congrats on the sale of your rv and good luck in finding "your coach".

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Thanks. I think this may be the most difficult part of the journey - finding the right coach on a very limited budget.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

Be careful when choosing the new coach. Sometimes cheap is very expensive, too good a deal could be too good to be true.
It would be much easier to keep one in good condition than it would to bring one back, unless you can do all of thew work.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Steve, we know that from experience! Right now I've got six coaches on my "possible" list, including one Newell. Asking prices range from $29,500 to $59,500, with three of them under $40,000 (our absolute top dollar - for a perfect coach). The Newell is the lowest price coach, but the very first picture of it raises a question for me.

The one I'm looking at is http://www.rvt.com/rvdetail5014717.htm and my question concerns the right mirror attach point. It looks like something is different, perhaps there was a physics demonstration?

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

Have you looked at Tom's 1990?
That is probably one of the best condition coaches you will find. Not too mention the nicest most honest seller.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

If we had more money Tom's 90 would be an excellent choice. However, we don't have more money, so we're going to have to look a little harder. We do understand that it may well take some time. Since I don't retire until 2015, we do have some time to find the right coach at the right price and do whatever we need to do to it to make it perfect for us.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

Check out Parliament in Florida. They have a nice updated Newell

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

What about that red one someone listed on here a while back in Colorado? Dave when you find one Prairieschooner has a couple of reference labs that will send you a kit to pull fluids from it and have them tested. I highly recommend it and would make it almost like a house deal that the test has to pass inspection for the sale to consummate if you are able. We did not take this advice in our haste to purchase and thus I now have a completely rebuilt engine. It was like buying the coach twice and was not fun.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

David
Looks like they had to do a repair and put a external plate to
Reinforce the mount. Probably hit something. That would be an easy area to inspect
A little clean-up and paint would help also. The mirrors seem to be mounted in the correct place.

Jimmy

There was a Newell Brave that used to belong to a TV personality, but it shows up and disappears frequently, always listed as "sold." We've decided that even though it looks nice we're not interested in playing on that one.

What about this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-Newe...a55a#v4-46
Anyone know anything about it?

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371