You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Kb0zke is looking for older Newell

I'll keep my eyes open for one.

Good Luck - Life is great in a NewellBig Grin

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

Kb0zke,

Here is a 1989 - very clean - one owner - 109,000 miles

http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/1989-New...-105541752

Remember; asking price means nothing!

Good luck!Smile

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

Good price. Crummy carpet- BUT I have a solution for that!

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Original owner.......................you don't see many classics that are still owned by the original owner. He got his money's worth!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

This one was on this thread before. I think this one looks sweet. Based on what we have seen this could easily be in your price range so long as he really wants to sell and is knowledgable about the market.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

"$50,000.00 FIRM." I supposed I could contact him and see how firm he really is. I can't change pictures, so I can't see much. Since this thread is, what, a month old I'm guessing that he hasn't had a taste of reality yet. That same $50,000 would buy Tom's coach, which is a year newer, a more modern body style, and doesn't need to visit Ernie.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

Hey David start saving your cans and bottles! sometimes you just need to pony up.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Regarding the asking price: wish in one hand - pee in the other hand - see which one fills up firstBig Grin Everyone feels that THEIR coach is worth more - that is human nature.

The market determines fair market value, not the seller. If the seller wants to sell the coach he has to be reasonable. If he is willing to take a trade-in then his asking price should be a little higher because he has to leave room for the spread. Most buyers expect to get a few thousand dollars off of the asking price. Fair market value is determined by recent sales of similar coaches.

IMO $50,000 is a little high for an '89, but you have to see the coach in person first. FWIW, Tom's Newell is beautiful inside and outside. It is mechanically perfect and updated. I'm not trying to sell Tom's coach; all I'm saying is you need to see the coach first hand before you can reach a price you are willing to pay.

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

I second Tuga's suggestion that asking price is only the asking price and until you see a coach and perform your own inspection there is no way to know whether it is worth it or not. When I was looking for my coach my whole focus was on the listed coach. My entire conversation with the seller was about the condition & features of the coach. When I went to inspect the coach I now have, we had not discussed price. I inspected the coach and saw some things that needed attention. I also presumed that there were things that I was not seeing that needed attention. I offered him $20,000 less than he was asking and he took it. If he hadn't accepted my offer, all it had cost me was a trip to Michigan in February.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Here is what $30K will buy..go get it;
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/rvs/3561716708.html

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch