You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hi, new member looking for a newell

Hi my name is Wayne and I am almost an old guy my wife and I have had rv's forever [ hatteras sportfisher as well] and last was an American coach dream and had it for 14 years, just recently sold it and now selling all responsibilities and going back on the road and momma agrees if I do it in a newell HA. If Ya'll want to know anything about an American coach just ask, I have spent time at factory service center and been on yahoo groups AC forum and no a little about them. We are from Texas and have been jewelers for 45 years, done a good bit of real estate development rv parks buildings etc.
Looking for a newell at about $300K or less prefer 200 but want a mid door with 4 slides and bath and a half. found one I'm going to look at, at motorhomes of T but no 1/2 bath and looking to maybe add one or at least a toilet for guest etc.. If you know any I should look at please speak up. I think I want a cat engine but will listen to advise on DD 60. I know cummins pretty well and know they have dropped to ball several times over the years and I would be pissed if I bought a new one and found wrist pins coming apart or valves cratering! If you have one for sale PM me or call. Thanks all and hope to learn a lot from you all.

Wayne Correll

Wayne, The 1/2 bath for the convenience of guests costs you lots of storage. I work on RV's all the time and just stop by the campground restroom before I get there. But if you visit me, you are welcome to use my bathroom.

Motor Homes of Texas (MOT) has lots of options and are very good folks to work with. If you purchase there, you are less than 3 hours from my 50 amp plug for guests. So come on down and check out my bath or at least come on down. I do know where the locals go to eat.

All the best.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

(10-05-2018, 10:01 AM)wlcorrell Wrote:  Hi my name is Wayne and I am almost an old guy my wife and I have had rv's forever [ hatteras sportfisher as well] and last was an American coach dream and had it for 14 years, just recently sold it and now selling all responsibilities and going back on the road and momma agrees if I do it in a newell HA. If Ya'll want to know anything about an American coach just ask, I have spent time at factory service center and been on yahoo groups AC forum and no a little about them. We are from Texas and have been jewelers for 45 years, done a good bit of real estate development rv parks buildings etc.
Looking for a newell at about $300K or less prefer 200 but want a mid door with 4 slides and bath and a half. found one I'm going to look at, at motorhomes of T but no 1/2 bath and looking to maybe add one or at least a toilet for guest etc.. If you know any I should look at please speak up. I think I want a cat engine but will listen to advise on DD 60. I know cummins pretty well and know they have dropped to ball several times over the years and I would be pissed if I bought a new one and found wrist pins coming apart or valves cratering! If you have one for sale PM me or call. Thanks all and hope to learn a lot from you all.

(10-05-2018, 10:01 AM)wlcorrell Wrote:  Hi my name is Wayne and I am almost an old guy my wife and I have had rv's forever [ hatteras sportfisher as well] and last was an American coach dream and had it for 14 years, just recently sold it and now selling all responsibilities and going back on the road and momma agrees if I do it in a newell HA. If Ya'll want to know anything about an American coach just ask, I have spent time at factory service center and been on yahoo groups AC forum and no a little about them. We are from Texas and have been jewelers for 45 years, done a good bit of real estate development rv parks buildings etc.

2008 Newell #1248

Wayne, generally the age of the coach will determine the engine. In 2005 and 2006 coaches with both the Detroit Diesel Series 60 and the Cat C-15 predominate with a few Cat C-13's in the mix. In those years there were more mid entry than front entry but in later years, mid entry units become more scarce. Prior to 2004 you will find almost exclusively DD Series 60's. Before the middle of the 2004 model year, most Newells did not have the ZF suspension with the ZF active steering tag axle so the prices are considerably lower on those coaches (such as #695 which is pending sale at Premier Coach). Prior to 2004 most of the coaches had 3 slides or less and most did not have a bath and a half.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com