You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Water pressure issue

hi all,

darlene and i went down and visited les & cheryl and phil & judy yesterday afternoon.

we did have a quick look at it.

1. it does it on both city and water from the 12v pump
2. at both the kitchen sink and shower, it does it for both hot and cold
3. the lav sink there is good flow and pressure

he has changed the cartridge in the kitchen sink and no improvement.

the mixing valve should only effect the hot water if it is gunked up.

it is quite puzzleing.

it was also quite cold so we mostly visited inside.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

question for you guys. what pressure should the accumulator (bladder) tank have for the 12v water system if there is a tank? i know it should be 2 psi or so below the pump cut in pressure or so.

thanks

tom

It has been awhile since I messed with mine but as I recall, mine was pre-charged with 30 psi.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Phil,
I have what I consider slower than normal water flow in my kitchen also. I suspect it is the flexible hose. I just haven't got around to checking it yet. My bath faucets run great, as does my shower. Might want to eliminate the flexible hoses.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I think I put about 25 psi in the bladder tank and it stopped the pump from cycling.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Subaru Outback Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Good news, bad news! The water pressure problems in the shower and kitchen sink don't have a common source.

While checking the shower valves in the common plumbing bay, I noticed there was almost no water pressure at the shower head when only cold water was turned on in the plumbing bay. The shower valve is a temp regulating type. I found the Grohe manual on line and there are two strainers in addition to the temp reg valve. I took the valve apart & found that Newell had left no room to get at the strainers without removing the washer dryer. With a little selective use of a drill & a combination socket wrench I got the valves out from the front and the hot strainer was clean but the cold was almost completely blocked and filled with gunk. I cleaned the strainers, reassembled the valve, and voila, water pressure is now good at the shower head. The feeble pressure was caused by the temp valve trying to cool down the hot with almost no cold available. Victory!

Alas, such is not the case with the kitchen. The plumbing bay valves are OK. The lines are clear from the bay to the sink. Equally low pressure on hot & cold. The cartridge has been changed and there are no separate strainers. Next, I'm going to try the hose from the faucet to the spray head.

Phil & Judy Horton
98 Newll #470

good news phil. persistence pays off

you should be able to figure out the kitchen one now much easier.

i might be tempted to try disconnecting the water lines under the sink and check the flow right before it goes into the sink.

either with some makeshift adapter with a piece of hose up to the sink or into a bucket or something. someway to make sure the flow is fine right before it goes into the sink.

but trying the spray head hose is easer to try first.

tom

Victory over the kitchen faucet water pressure problem. On autopsy, the pull out hose had partially delaminated over about twelve inches and water flow was restricted. New hose and now the kitchen faucet delivers good water flow. Not the most room under the sink and behind the garbage disposal.

Thanks to all who offered help! A Newell is certainly a learning experience!

Phil

'98 43' Coach #470

Phil,
I have a similar problem that I haven't addressed yet. I have suspected the hose. Are the hoses available at Lowes or Home Depot? Or is it a Grohe item?

Thanks in advance......................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

It should be a standard hose, either plastic or stainless. Just make sure the connectors are the same.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337