You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Keeping Agreed Value Coverage

My full timer, agreed value insurance is renewing at the end of the month.  My current insurance has been going up and the renewal jumped $1300 to nearly double.  Plus the agency said no other agreed value was available from them.  So the search was on.

I contacted Melissa Thum of the Thum insurance agency.  They insure a good number of Prevosts with agreed value policies.  In no time she had me set up with Progressive Agreed Value policy with same coverage for less than I spent this year.  She was very easy to deal with and most accomodating.

If you wish to speak to her she is at 6 one 6 - nine 57 - 2400 or melissa at thuminsurance dot com

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

I second that motion. I have been using Melissa for ten years. She shops around for the best deals

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

We have Progressive on our coach and they said they don’t have agreed value policies. I will call Melissa and see if she can find one for us... we did just get an appraisal so maybe that will help.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

We have used Ron Jarvis at Overland Insurance recommended by Phil at Newell for 2 years. His best quote was with Progressive who is one of the few that will insure full-timers. Reasonable price, never had a claim so can’t and hope we never have to comment on that process.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

the problem with insurance discussions is that rates are different dramatically between states, or your age, or your driving record, or the coach, or your claims history, or if you are full time or not, or what your coverage limits are and if the moon is up by 10pm tonite.

it is very strange that as my coach ages, and it becomes worth less and less, that the cost of insurance continues to climb into the stratosphere.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH