You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

hot exhaust

Another newbie question, When traveling at slow speeds (slow traffic etc) every once in awhile ( hot exhaust message) pops up on Dash screen then it will turn off when i get to traveling faster. Question is is this my regen system working? of is it just hot exhaust coming out of tail pipe?  I own 1403 a 2010 coach with a 2008 cat c-15 installed in it. Thank you John

Articles I've read in other media suggest that it is simply hot exhaust and not necessarily due to regen. I believe it is meant as a warning to be mindful of fire hazards and passersby who might be close. If I'm not mistaken the exhaust temp warning comes on around 700 degrees.

David and MaryLynn Kammeraad
1996 Newell #427
2014 Buick Lacrosse

(10-24-2018, 02:40 PM)afrench Wrote:  I think it means a regen is in process. They have told me not to turn the coach off when that is on.

That's what I have been told by another 2010 newell owner with same cat c-15. I can never get a straight answer from newell , probably should ask to speak to somebody there who is the (Cat) expert

According to the Cat Manual https://www.holtca.com/images/pdf/C15C18T4I.pdf

"High Exhaust Temperature Lamp (3) – This lamp is illuminated when a DPF regeneration is active."

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com