You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Veterans

Is there a subgroup of military veterans out there in Newell Land?  If so, I'd like to hear about it.  If not, are there any veterans who'd like to form such a group.  Jane retired at 26 years and I married my boss and got out (she had a better career path than I did.).  Hoping to hear from other vets. We could maybe drink some beer and tell lies.

Paul & Jane McCullough

Paul and Jane,

I am a USAF Vet. There are many who have served that are part of our guru gang and i know personally of the heroism of them.

my feeling is that there are few enough of us Newell Owners that having sub groups is very tough.

our son scott who is the webmaster for our forum is an active duty USAF Captain.

you are always welcome to come stay with us in wittmann, az and spin the tales of service with us.

i was at a BBQ place on friday that is near LUKE AFB and there were a big group of air force folks there at a table. i stopped and thanked them for their service as well. we were out to eat with our daughter and her family and there were a couple of deputy sheriff's having lunch and she got up and then came back. a few minutes later as they were trying to pay their bill they found out our daughter had bought their lunch and came over to thank her. she always buys for law enforcement and military if she can.

when i was serving in the 70's it was not a time where civilians were grateful for the service of the military folks. i am glad times have changed as i am so grateful for those who protect our great land.

as my late buddy wally (a USN vet and newell owner) would say....thats my 2 cents worth and I am stickin to it

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Just wanted to give a special "Thank you" to all of the veterans on the forum. Please know that your many sacrifices are deeply appreciated!