You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Blue tank

Hello Guros I have another question d0es any know why there’s a big blue tank attached to the 12volt compressor?

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell
Coach 459 45 foot 1 slide

Are you sure it's attached to the 12V compressor. Big blue tank in that compartment could be the air bladder/water storage tank.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(11-10-2018, 04:50 PM)Richard Wrote:  Are you sure it's attached to the 12V compressor. Big blue tank in that compartment could be the air bladder/water storage tank.

Well that’s what it looks like but there are no hoses attached. I took a couple of pics will see if I can get them posed. Also there is a schrader valve on top.

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell

Sounds like maybe a water pressure tank, but that's just a guess.  A picture or two would be very helpful.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Look at the very bottom for a piping connection, there will only be ONE connection.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

That’s it 1 fitting soi guess it is for water.

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell

looks like this

If you find the water pump is cycling on and off rapidly, then the bladder in the tank has leaked down. With the water pump off, and a faucet open, use the air fitting on top to check the bladder pressure. I have found with my system that 25 to 30 psi works great.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad