You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I’m considering purchasing this Newell

(11-02-2018, 03:49 AM)jdkskyking Wrote:  
(11-01-2018, 08:32 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Check you PM's.

I need the meaning of  “PM”. I’m new to this. 

Any help with how to place a fair value on a Newell is greatly appreciated. 

JK

disregard... PM=Private Message... 

(11-02-2018, 06:02 AM)folivier Wrote:  That one is a pretty coach but a bit unusual in the mid-bath design with doors on each end.  Not a bad feature just not one that is currently being built.  You just have to decide what floorplan you like.

We’d love to have a bath & 1/2 but they’re rare and expensive. This one would be a compromise so if our kids are with us anyone can use the bathroom at night. Won’t know what’s it’s really like until we see it. 
JK

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
#744 2005 45’ Newell Coach 
ZF Suspension/Active Steering Tag Axle
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi
Allison HD4000MH Transmission with PTO drive.

Bath and a half become more and more plentiful as you move to more recently built coaches. What is more unusual is a coach with the ZF suspension and steering tag axle (which #698 has) in that price range. That is one of the first half dozen Newells built with the highly desirable ZF suspension.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(11-02-2018, 08:31 AM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Bath and a half become more and more plentiful as you move to more recently built coaches. What is more unusual is a coach with the ZF suspension and steering tag axle (which #698 has) in that price range. That is one of the first half dozen Newells built with the highly desirable ZF suspension.

I have not educated myself on the different suspension options.

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi

Hi Kristi and Jeff,
Not sure what you are looking for in a Newell, but I have considered selling mine. A 1996 45' with no slides, but you may be looking for newer with slides. Thanks, John

John, Sheri & Lily Kai Curwick
1996 Newell #406, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock, FJ Cruiser, Harley Fatboy. 35 CABO Express Tongue

(11-02-2018, 08:56 AM)Shamu406 Wrote:  Hi Kristi and Jeff,
Not sure what you are looking for in a Newell, but I have considered selling mine. A 1996 45' with no slides, but you may be looking for newer with slides. Thanks, John

Yes, we’re looking for a 3 or 4 slide unit. Thanks.

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas

(11-03-2018, 06:38 AM)jdkskyking Wrote:  
(11-02-2018, 08:56 AM)Shamu406 Wrote:  Hi Kristi and Jeff,

Yes, we’re looking for a 3 or 4 slide unit. Thanks.A
Are you wanting to trade your coach on a Newell? I have a 04 Newell #689 that I might be interested in trading for a smaller coach. My wife has decided after 18 years she is no longer interested in doing any motorhome traveling. I am only use mine to go to different track events by myself. I need a coach that will pull a car trailer. and be self contain for 3 days. I only know about Newell which I have had 3 Newells over the last 16 years that we enjoyed together and she no longer will travel so a smaller coach  may work for me now. Contact me if interested.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Update!

My friend Curt at MOT just sent me the attached link to a photo bucket for the coach https://photos.app.goo.gl/YgKGb8e4B2KRKq3s5

He says there is 59k miles and it's listed for $439.500...but if they've had it that long (and they own it), I smell an opportunity!

Mark of SJC

This is new at Motorhomes of Texas.  It is the coach that was at MHSRV, (the big dealer in Alvarado, TX) I believe.

Eric

Good morning Mark,

Sent PM message, look in box.

Eric

Thanks, Ed! I'm pretty sure this coach was offered in one of those luxury RV rental pools (Gosss RV?) for some period of time. Not sure how much activity it saw, nor the resulting wear and tear from a string of "new users"

Mark of SJC