You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

cost to run aquahot

Tom,
I checked my thermostats in the two baths & they are like yours. There is just a "low" setting. No "off". My AquaHot is on constantly for the four months I have it in storage. I just use the electric unless there is a chance of a power outage and then I turn on the diesel too. It was 15 degrees out this morning and the coach was a balmy 51 degrees. For comparison my electric bill increases about $25-$30 when I run the electric AquaHot.

David,
The salon motor for the AquaHot is a three speed motor. Newell only hooks up the low & medium wires. One could hook up the high speed wire if you wanted it to blow harder. I'd guess Newell doesn't use the high speed due to fan noise. On my Tom's & my coach there is a separate switch in the salon to select whether you want the fan on low or medium.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

The fan for the front salon is a three speed but Newell only uses two of them.
Thanks,

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

i have been running the aquahot during the nite and part of the day the last few days and will for another day or so.

i have to admit, i am impressed on how well it works. i have no idea how much diesel fuel i am burning, but it keeps the inside nice and toasty to any temp that i want. i had it up to 77 degrees this morning. and it got down to 22 last nite.

i do have to tinker with those two fan motors though. the mid bath to quiet it down and the other to see about the plenum motor.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH