You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2002 front salon drivers side slide air seal replacement

Fantastic job! but I want some cool coveralls like Glens....

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

i bought a pair but they dont have my name on them or reflective stripes like his. or edmundton airport

glen has been incredible in helping. he is a long time farmer and oil field mechanic and airport mechanic.

it was really really fun having a crew here to help. chuck and joe were kind enough to drive along ways to come help.

if the hydraulic ram connection was like the late 90s' then it would have taken probably 3 hours off the time.

the guys were laughing saying next time they would pay to drive it to oklahoma, but kidding aside, it is a task that can be done with the right tools and enough help. a fork lift in my mind would be much more difficult than the cart but still doable.

i will work on putting it all back together today.

btw, we used about a half tube of the adhesive that they sent with the seal.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

put most of the slide back together.  slide is perfectly aligned on the outside when retracted.  

you can see the slide seal (old one) and how the piece is formed that snaps into the rubber opposite piece that is in the coach.  

here are a few pictures of the upper part of the slide that is the stop at the top.  

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

finished the slide today. put the couch all together and all the trim pieces and valence.

nice to be done with that.

tom

That was a non-trivial job Tom. Glad it doesn't have to be done very often.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

next time i think it would be alot faster. and if we did one that has the easier slide rams to disconnect it is faster as well.

tom

(12-05-2018, 04:43 PM)encantotom Wrote:  put most of the slide back together.  slide is perfectly aligned on the outside when retracted.  

you can see the slide seal (old one) and how the piece is formed that snaps into the rubber opposite piece that is in the coach.  

here are a few pictures of the upper part of the slide that is the stop at the top.  

tom

Hi Tom

Looks like I will have to replace my front slide seal after accidentally puncturing it while trying to close my slide. I have arranged to have the work done by Kris Jones at Precision Coach Works in Zephyrhills Fl. Did you buy your seal from Newell and about how much was the cost? Also, has anyone worked with Kris? He came highly recommended by Newell and does warranty work for them in the S.E.  and after talking with him, sounds like a great guy. I also spoke with him about installing the air vacuum pumps on both slides. Do you have a link to that as well?

Dario Perini
Coach 581

call newell parts and get the current price. if i remember right is is around 1300 bucks. it is made specifically for newells so cannot be bought anywhere else.

do a search on the forum for vacuum pump for slide seals. the vacuum pump took me less than an hour for each one.

tom

I have used kris on installing new slide track and he doses great work he purchase the track and did the job. Has also replace a heater fan which require removing the dash. Kris does frist class. Check with him for seal.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

(12-23-2018, 07:18 AM)Deper10 Wrote:  
(12-05-2018, 04:43 PM)encantotom Wrote:  put most of the slide back together.  slide is perfectly aligned on the outside when retracted.  

tom

Hi Tom

Looks like I will have to replace my front slide seal after accidentally puncturing it while trying to close my slide. I have arranged to have the work done by Kris Jones at Precision Coach Works in Zephyrhills Fl. Did you buy your seal from Newell and about how much was the cost? Also, has anyone worked with Kris? He came highly recommended by Newell and does warranty work for them in the S.E.  and after talking with him, sounds like a great guy. I also spoke with him about installing the air vacuum pumps on both slides. Do you have a link to that as well?

Dario Perini
Coach 581

Hi Dario,

Enclosed u will find the layout for the vacuum pump on my 99 Newell & info to the pump.
It would be nice to know how your work with Chis turns out.

Thanks
Mark

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mark & Beverly Fincke
99 Newell Show Coach, # 527 (Heavy Metal)
Twin Slides, Rear Bath
08 Saturn Vue XR  SUV Toad

99 Escalade ESV.