You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dumping the Waste Tank for Winterization

Okay, I want to make sure I’ve got to his straight. I’ll include two pictures to ensure I’m on the right track. It’s part of my effort to winterize the coach. I’ve already run antifreeze throughout the system.

Picture #1- I’ve labeled the two sources that can flow to the sewer system (or ground).
Picture #2 - The Main Dump Valve (usually air activated).

Dumping the waste holding tank utilizing left side plumbing bay:

Remove coach sewer pipe cap, attach sewer hose (slinky) to the connector next to the Main Dump Valve. 

Manually open the waste tank valve (in pic #1 the valve appears to already be open).

Activate Main Dump Valve to drain waste holding tank.

To rinse tank hook water hose to tank flush spicket in aft area of Aqua-Hot bay. Rinse until solids have moved through sewer pipe. 

Allow tank to thoroughly drain before closing valves. 

Run RV Antifreeze in sinks to allow antifreeze to enter holding tank via grey water pipe system.  Flush toilets to allow antifreeze to enter waste area of holding tank. 

If I understand the system this will also winterize the holding tank. 

Thanks, JK

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
#744 2005 45’ Newell Coach 
ZF Suspension/Active Steering Tag Axle
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi
Allison HD4000MH Transmission with PTO drive.

My Coach #639 uses Everpure Water Filtration System. To winterize the coach I’ve removed the two filters.
THM 1 part# EV960126
THM 2 part# EV960136

I found bypass plugs for the system, part# EV310876

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/produc...g-assembly

I hope these will allow antifreeze to circulate through the items connected to that system. If not the plugs will at least protect the filter header valves from anything entering the system.

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
#744 2005 45’ Newell Coach 
ZF Suspension/Active Steering Tag Axle
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi
Allison HD4000MH Transmission with PTO drive.