You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bus Barn and the POA...

(11-26-2018, 06:54 PM)encantotom Wrote:  also remember resell on these kinds of buildings is not incredible.  though i paid no attention to that as my kids will have to worry about that at some point way in the future i hope.   ha

tom

That’s exactly how I will deal with it...

Reverse mortgage as suggested by Magnum PI and Mr Jeopardy Alex T...

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
#744 2005 45’ Newell Coach 
ZF Suspension/Active Steering Tag Axle
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi
Allison HD4000MH Transmission with PTO drive.

16x16 bifold door frame and components are approximately $7500. That does not include the structure frame the door would hinge to.
If I have to do that to get it through the POA... it’s worth it to me.

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi

I was contacted by my attorney today and in his opinion I should be allowed to build a storage building...the POA covenants state that a RV should be in an enclosure.... Thank you very much.... 

The city provides guidelines for a nonresidential structure.... Thank you very much....

So.... I guess I'll start doing some additional investigation and open a dialogue with POA and city peoples. 

Hopefully I'll have future updates.

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas

You all still live in the Land of the Free, Home of the Brave. Don't complain too much, just think about how easy you have it, because it will change. What happens in California, tends to happen else where.

Consider my issue from the San Francisco East Bay. 40 mile east of SF

After living in a HOA for 10 years and battling with them about my RV behind my fence, invisible to the street. I was right, but it was constantly a letter here or a letter there. I got P off and went and bought 8 bare acres in the the county just outside of the town I was in. The County had less restrictions than the town. Of course I had to pay cash for the property because empty land doesn't turn over quick enough to encourage a bank to be interested. I needed to build and move quickly, because I was now cash poor and still had to sell the first house. My kids were 10,9 and 7. A great time to build a house and let them grow up in the country. SO I THOUGHT.

4 years and over $100K in studies, reviews, permits, studies, permits, meetings, hearings, I got my permit to build. 14 months to build, so 5 years +/-. There goes my budget to enclose the RV, but hey, at least they can't see it or complain.

After paying 23K then up to 25K for taxes each year for 18 years, we sold. We can't retire and pay those CA expense anymore. I Still don't have an enclosure. The current house will be a PITA to permit the shop, so off to the Land of the Free, Home of the Brave and find a place to build and finally get the shop I need.

I view your problems as simple and a walk in the park.

Look out I'm breaking out of here (CA).

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

We’ve elected a new mayor who’s going to hear from me and many others. I understand the need for standards BUT when the city starts dictating what we can or can not do they’ve crossed the line. They should be partnering with citizens to help develope the community in a manner that meats goals put forth. 
As far as the POA... they haven’t enforced the covenants for three homes built in the subdivision in recent years. Can’t be selective and make it stick. 
Drain the swamp !!

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas

(11-25-2018, 07:57 AM)encantotom Wrote:  cool to read about but i have to imagine killer expensive and i cant imagine having to maintain a hydraulic garage door.  ughhh   but i like that you like to overkill everything.  ya fit right in.

my shop was built to be a copy of the style of my house.  same roof, same eaves, same color, same stucco etc.  i dont think my doors look out of place.  and they are 15 foot high and 14 foot wide.  

i did opt for a clopay r18 steel sandwiched extra thick door and paid to have low e insulated glass put in the windows.  

i used light commercial liftmaster jackshaft openers inside so as to not have a center overhead rail for the opener.  

tom

I've been in love with that building since the day you started it Tom. First class building for a 1st class guy. I should delete that last statement after noticing that filthy Ford Shame on you! Big Grin

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

yea, living on a gravel road doesnt help on keeping cars clean....ha

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH