You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

92 Newell 42' in GA - scam? SOLD

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/rvs/d...82229.html

It just seems cheap for 25K.
But got the VIN#

it is listed in 4 different cities in georgia with the same name and phone number for contact.

often if it is scammers they list in many different cities across the usa. could always call the guy and feel the situation out

i like the blue exterior. it will be interesting to see if michael has the vin number in his data base.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Love the exterior, as well...

You could ask the coach number...per an old post of Michael's:
"1992 models began with 281, 283 and 284, then 287 through 308, then 310 through 311"

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou

it is coach 311 the vin was in the ad

tom

Haha...didn't look on the right side of the page...thanks!

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou

Check tire/battery age, receipts for engine/trans work and if the engine coolant hoses have been replaced (big issue with 8V92). It looks clean so maybe it’s been stored inside - not many miles for a ‘92 (which is not necessarily a good thing). Figure $10-15k to get it back into shape... non-slide coaches don’t bring nearly as much but they didn’t come out until nearly 2000. We liked not having a slide but we are wierd :-)

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

I talked to the owner last night, as I'd love to have a non-slide ( I guess I too am a bit weird).  He runs some sort of ministry, and this coach was donated to his organization.  So he doesn't really know too much about it's history or maintenance.  He said he believes it was stored indoors always, in the same building with the previous owners airplane.  He had driven the coach, says it drives out fine.  No clue as to age of tires. Operation of AC units is also unknown. 

The coach is located in southern GA, and he has a prospective buyer coming today (Saturday 12/1/2018) to look at the coach.  If this guy doesn't buy it, I've requested more pictures. 

I still have coach 599, fixing to head to Florida in it.  But I would love for it to turn in to something similar to this '92.  We'll see...…..

Bryan

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

Engine access question about this coach 311...….it appears that the rear of the coach does not lift up in entirety like my '01 does; doesn't this make engine maintenance rather difficult?  And what if the engine has to be removed???

Bryan

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

OK, I will try to answer some of the questions.

VIN: the listed VIN number in the ad is correct. It is the last 1992 model Newell made and is 42'6" long. This is the first time I have ever seen this coach advertised.

Engine Access: All of the Newells with the 8V92's had a rear radiator so their engine access is on both sides rather than through the rear. Being a V-8, the engine is very accessible for maintenance through the side doors on both sides of the engine. If the engine had to be removed, the radiator has to come out.

Photos can lie, but it looks very nice from the photos. As with any coach that is 26 years old, there will be things other than the two listed that need attention, especially with less than 100,000 miles. I have no information as to whether that mileage is correct. It was registered in Fairmont, West Virginia in 2012. Which was the only record AutoCheck had back in 2014.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

much easier engine access than the series 60. you can do anything from either side engine bay door.

tom