You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Locked out of basement

I somehow locked myself out of the basement compartments.
Yesterday I crawled inside the electrical compartment to check on an inverter.
I think I must have bumped a switch on the spider panel.
Any idea how I get the doors open?
I must not be the first idiot who has done this. LOL!,

Coach 1267, 2009 front entry

(12-01-2018, 10:34 AM)Margie909 Wrote:  I somehow locked myself out of the basement compartments.

On my 2008 there are small metal strings that hang down from the lock mechanisms they are just behind the bottom of the door and if you use a pair of pliers you can pull them down to manually open the locker doors, you may have to lay on your back and push the rubber seal back to see them.

2008 NEWELL C-15 ZF 1218

(12-01-2018, 12:56 PM)rwg200 Wrote:  
(12-01-2018, 10:34 AM)Margie909 Wrote:  I somehow locked myself out of the basement compartments.

On my 2008 there are small metal strings that hang down from the lock mechanisms they are just behind the bottom of the door and if you use a pair of pliers you can pull them down to manually open the locker doors, you may have to lay on your back and push the rubber seal back to see them.
Attached are 2 photos of what the wires look like. Ours were probably in the factory at the same time when they were built so it will be identical. If you can pull the bottom edge of the door open a little you should find the wire just above the rubber seal. I have cable ties on mine so that they hang a bit below.  the seal just in case.

Mick

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mick & Renee
2009 Newell 45’ 8” #1277, C15 625HP 12-speed ZF
Full time working and traveling. 

(12-03-2018, 04:52 PM)mickinuk Wrote:  
(12-01-2018, 12:56 PM)rwg200 Wrote:  

Attached are 2 photos of what the wires look like. Ours were probably in the factory at the same time when they were built so it will be identical. If you can pull the bottom edge of the door open a little you should find the wire just above the rubber seal. I have cable ties on mine so that they hang a bit below.  the seal just in case.

Mick
Mick,

When you mention the factory it made think:  Someplace I remember you discussing adaptive cruise control on the 09.  Do you know when this feature appeared?

Thanks,

Eric

Eric, Sorry I missed your comment. I don't know when the adaptive cruise was added. It was an option on the build sheet for my '09. Is based on Norad radar.

Mick

Mick & Renee
2009 Newell 45’ 8” #1277, C15 625HP 12-speed ZF
Full time working and traveling.