You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2019 No Rally Rally will again be the official Guru rally for 2019

We are there from May 4-18

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

We will be there May 1-12. Site 321. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Any seminars on chasing air leaks would be great. Air leaks are the number one thing I spend time on. Rudy's info on aqua-hot last year was great. Used his info to fix my heaters last fall.

Phil & Sharon
1999 511  41.5

The only complaint I heard about from last years rally was that it was unusually warm.  Normal average temperatures during our rally dates is 79 to 83 degrees.  I have set up inside quarters for any seminars that do not need to be held at a coach.  As long as the resort does not have a preplanned event, the room is available to us on a first come basis.  If we need to hold a seminar at a coach, we will schedule that seminar early in the morning with consideration for shade.

If any one has any other suggestions for how we can make this a great rally, please email me.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

We'll be in 364 from the 4th through the 8th and look forward to meeting everyone!
Big Grin 

We will be on site #601 May 1st-10th
See you soon Newell neighbors!

Keith Thomas
1996 Newell #403
1997 Safari Serengeti Ivory Edition 

WOOT! - Booked Site 325 for May 4th - 12th
Looking forward to seeing all y'all again and meeting new friends.
So much knowledge and generosity in a wonderfully relaxed atmosphere. This group continues to be more help to us than you could ever know.
~C

Julius & Charlene
2001 Newell #576

For those that have never been to Bella Terra.  A drones view shot by a friend.

https://vimeo.com/290197559

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Phyllis and George will be on 344 5-1/5-7

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

May 12th is Mother's Day.  Suzy & I will be putting on a Honor Our Mothers dinner that evening for all rally attendees. No RSVP necessary. 

It is a B.Y.O.D & C. event (bring your own drink & chair)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

This is sort of a poll/question to determine interest in a seminar topic plus take home project.

One of the best mods I made to our coach was to alter the switch on the jake brake to allow two modes of jake operation. The first mode is the one you are familiar with, let off the accelerator and the jakes activate. The second mode is the jakes only activate if the brake pedal is pressed, and they release as soon as the brake is released.

I use the second mode extensively for two reasons. The first is that the second mode keeps my jake and cruise control from fighting each other, and the second is that I hate for the jake to come on when I roll over a crest and coast down the other side, that is the sound of money going out the exhaust.

I only use the first mode in the mountains when I want the jakes on but I don't want to ride the brake pedal.

The modification involves the use of a standard automotive relay. There are a bunch of them on Newells.

If you are interested in having a seminar topic on how relays work, and how to use them, I could do that one day. As a hands on, you could build your own setup for the jake brake modification as part of the seminar.

Let me know if you are interested. If interested I will post a parts list. Total cost of parts is less than 30 bucks.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )