You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Split Rims

Good day out there in Newell land !  I have a 1972 30 foot coach with a 391 ford motor and a Alison 6 speed trans. body is sound and motor and trans is all in working order, my problem is it has 900 x 20 SPLIT RIMS and i am having a time finding a replacement rim for the old girl . it is a 6 lug rim the studs are           8.75 C to C of the stud with a 16.5 center hub opening. I have tried a rim from a 1997 to 2000 ford F650 19.5x 9 rim , same bolt and center hub measurements  but the off set in the inner rim is to small will not fit over my hub completely. doe anyone have any ideas on what might be the replacement rim for this old girl, any help would bee appreciated

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Try looking in a salvage yard that has been around for a long time. One other possibility is to take the rim you found to a machine shop and have the center bored out to fit. Make sure you don't use a flat faced nut "hub" centered rim if you need the acorn nut "stud" centered rim. Also check with a truck parts store or truck tire shop. You may want to consider upgrading to tubless tires & rims all the way around.

Thanks for the info I am trying to go tubeless all the way round I sure this is not the first time this has been done just have to find the wright junk yard
Thanks