You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cornering lights

When we visited Steve and Suzy a couple of weeks ago, Steve pointed out the cornering lights on his coach. Since they are small, maybe I'm just not seeing them, but I haven't be able to spot any on any of the pictures of Classics I've seen. Are they there? If not, how difficult is it to add them?

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

(01-17-2013, 07:39 PM)kb0zke Wrote:  When we visited Steve and Suzy a couple of weeks ago, Steve pointed out the cornering lights on his coach. Since they are small, maybe I'm just not seeing them, but I haven't be able to spot any on any of the pictures of Classics I've seen. Are they there? If not, how difficult is it to add them?

I'm not sure what you mean by cornering lights.....I have what Newell labeled "docking lights"....is that what you are referring to?

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

No. These are small round white lights located in the lower front corner of each side. They come on with the turn signal on that side. Most luxury cars have them, and they are moving down in the car world. They are not the same as the repeater turn signal lights that some vehicles have. Our 2004 Lincoln Town Car has the cornering lights but not the turn signal repeaters. Our 2005 Mercury Mountaineer has the repeaters but not the cornering lights.

Docking lights, as I understand them, are a pair of white lights located on the sides of the coach. The front one points rearward and the rear one forward. They are controlled by a switch by the driver and used to light the area around the coach when arriving or departing in the dark.

Steve, perhaps you could post a picture of these.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

Here is a picture of my coach and the left cornering light. If you look at the lower left corner you will see a small white or clear circle. That is the left cornering light. When I activate the left flasher the left amber marker light, under the driver's window, and the left amber light in the headlight assembly flash and the cornering light lights up. Cornering light goes out when the left flashers stop. Same thing on the right front.

I don't think these are real common. Saw them on late 90s coaches mainly.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Here is a pic of one. It says Blazer on it and SAE-F-92, has a very thick lens like a magnifying glass. Will have to look at the electrical portion for a name or part number. It measures 2.25 " across.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Another pic.

[attachment=733)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458