You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coolant Leaking on Exhaust Stack Cover??

To echo Richard, you’ll need a constant torque lined clamp.  
http://www.breezehoseclamps.com/breeze/constant-torque/

The hose is silicone so a lined clamp is the ticket.  It will be tough to get to without removing some parts.  UGH!

These are available at NAPA, Amazon, Walmart (online anyway), & many other outlets..  use two and feel for the beading on the tube, locate on the tube side of the bead.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

You might check to see if DD shop will warranty workmanship if they left the clamps off when they worked on it. Better to scrap their knuckles than yours if possible IMHO.

Yesterday I ran the engine for 15 minutes. Afterwards I could see a drip coming out of the sleeve. I used my telescoping mirror to reach the pipe and wiped the drip on the mirror.

I’m sure after I place additional clamps on the sleeve this problem will be solved.

Breeze hose clamps are out of stock on multiple websites. I found another brand and placed a order.

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
#744 2005 45’ Newell Coach 
ZF Suspension/Active Steering Tag Axle
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi
Allison HD4000MH Transmission with PTO drive.

Update:

I’ve ordered constant pressure clamps but in the meantime I’ve placed two hose clamps on the leaking side of the pipe. 

Richard suggested I remove the coolant overflow tank and access the area over the hydraulic fan motor. 

Had to work with one arm. 
Dropped everything at least once. 
Opened up clamp and slipped it over the pipe. 
Wedged a block of wood between new clamp and upper pipe to keep it in place while I threaded the band into the worm gear and tightened it up. 

I felt more clamps to the left of the original clamps in the picture. The blue sleeve apperently is longer than required. I’m confident this is the source of the smoke. Once I get ready for a test drive I’ll post my findings.

(12-27-2018, 07:58 AM)jdkskyking Wrote:  Update:

I’ve ordered constant pressure clamps but in the meantime I’ve placed two hose clamps on the leaking side of the pipe. 

Richard suggested I remove the coolant overflow tank and access the area over the hydraulic fan motor. 

Had to work with one arm. 
Dropped everything at least once. 
Opened up clamp and slipped it over the pipe. 
Wedged a block of wood between new clamp and upper pipe to keep it in place while I threaded the band into the worm gear and tightened it up. 

I felt more clamps to the left of the original clamps in the picture. The blue sleeve apperently is longer than required. I’m confident this is the source of the smoke. Once I get ready for a test drive I’ll post my findings.
If anyone can tell me why pictures mysteriously rotate 90* please let me know...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
#744 2005 45’ Newell Coach 
ZF Suspension/Active Steering Tag Axle
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi
Allison HD4000MH Transmission with PTO drive.