You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Want to buy

Michael quick question is an electric slide a good thing? Thanks

Zzotte

I will let others that have had both comment but I would say yes. No hydraulic lines to mess with. Newell has been using electric slides for the past 16 years now and they seem pleased with the change.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Zzotte,
If you get the lower priced coach, you would be astounded what kind of customization & up-grading you can get done at the factory for 70K. Don't even have to do it all at once. We did ours over -3 years. Then you have "your own custom built" Newell.

My exact thoughts ccjohnson, the DW likes the wood floors on older coach (2 dogs), thanks for all that reply thank you so much. Michael does the non IFS rides bad? Does it beat you up on long trips? I have a Newmar Baystar gasser that after 6 hour trip, I need a massage and chiropractor adjustment haha

Zzotte

The choice in those two (2003 and the 2005) is not non-IFS (Ridewell) vs the Dana IFS (Independent Front Suspension), that change took place back in 1996. Even the old non-IFS Ridewell suspension rides very nicely. The choice is between the IFS suspension and the ZF suspension with the active steering tag axle.

Either will ride nicely. The ZF suspension gives a much sharper turning circle.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thanks again Michael now I understand, I know it’s a little expensive but I think I will check both of then after all it’s going to boil down to condition.

Zzotte

PS: You have a very nice website

Thanks for the website goes to Tom McCloud, owner and creator, and Scott McCloud, programmer and guru of all things electronic.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com