You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

reattaching 2" trim piece under salon slide

it was about half off.  about 4 feet.  had been on with 2 sided trim tape.  so darlene and i worked on it.  i know most do rivets, but i thought i would try doing it like original.  so spent along tim with air sander, rust remover and sandpaper.  once that was done, wiped it down with alcohol.  then used heatgun, 3m adhesive remover and a 1/2" wide wood chisel to slowly get that hardened double sided tape off the trim.  took several hours. 

put it back and it seems super solid.  

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

used 3m vhb trim tape

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I had some of the trim on the lower part of the coach exterior coming loose. I used my multi-tool with a blade attachment and it pulled the old 3m double sided tape right off. I then removed the glue residue with goof off as I recall. Replaced with new 3m DS tape and it has stayed on fine. I will probably come back with some pop-rivits later. Should have done it before they painted the front end...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40