You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Need diagnostic ideas on interesting suspension issue

I had Josam Truck Alignment in Orlando install the 2 new Firestone drive bags today. As an aside, I highly recommend Josam. First, they put my coach over a pit and inspected the entire underside, even allowing me to go under. Second after installing the bags, again we went over the pit to check for leaks, and there was, but they fixed it.

I know this seems weird, but if I had not experienced it, I would probably not believe, but my take away, is NOT to mix different manufacturers bags on opposite sides of the coach. Theoretically, they should operate the same, in my way of thinking, but after driving home, with Firestone’s on both sides, the coach felt more solid and stable. Could the Goodyear’s be softer, or the leaking base seal make it feel less solid in overall ride?

Of course, the another test is, will the coach hold air/level for a number of days?

I am going back in a week, to replace a pinion seal on the yoke. It looked like a differential leak, but the tech believes it is coming from the yoke. Richard, you saw the leak, could the tech be correct?

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

Ah gee Mike, I can't remember what I just had for breakfast, much less the two second glance at your diff. ;-)

The tech had a much better look at it than I.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Bags are only one source of leak down while being stationary. Time to get out the soap spray and do detective work. Leak searching is a hobby for us. :}

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

I need some help with the Hwh leveling system. I changed the tag bags and rebuilt the rear 6 pack and have one of the raise solenoids that opens and releases air when I push the raise button on the panel in the coach. And another question is there a certain orientation for the solenoids on the rear 6 pack? They are all labeled except the two on the front.

ACR 502 1998 newell double slide 

Oh and by the way my newell is 502 98 duel slide.

Are u sure it is a raise solenoid leaking? Is it possible that there are a couple wires reversed which would activate a lower solenoid?

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Is it safe to assume, it was not doing this before the work?

The simplest explanation is that you crossed up connections when reinstalling the rebuilt six pack.

Travel solenoids are closest to the bulkhead. Lower solenoids are in the middle. Raise solenoids are on the end closest to the rear of the coach. You can check for function by holding a washer to the solenoid while running the HWH pad through it’s paces. The solenoid is magnetized when activated.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

At this point anything is possible but I will check it in the morning. the solenoids have been labeled but I could have gotten there location mixed up. I Was trying to do them one at a time to keep them in order but removed the back first and found out that as you reinstall then there in the way for the next so I could have got it wrong.

Cool, if you need to talk about this once you are at the coach, call me 817 too two three two zed 56.

Leave a message, my phone doesn’t ring, if your number is not in my contact lists. I know, I know, but I don’t need car warranties for 10 year or older cars, it’s warranty by me.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Thank you for your quick response I had two solenoids crossed and what a difference it makes when its right. Its working perfect now thanks to to your expert trouble shooting . The real question is who's gunna fill those shoes cause we can't rely on the typical main stream service. I didn't what to revel my mistake to the Gurus so I called HWH and was put on the eternal waiting list and one week later with numerous calls back to them to make sure that I didn't miss the call I still haven't received a call back. You guy's are Great and I hope as time go's on and become more familiar with our Newell I can contribute to the cause. THANKS TO ALL AND GOD BLESS