You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

110v compressor

That looks like a water drain, but look for a check valve either at the compressor outlet before the drain or after the drain. If before the drain then it would not release the pressure. But if after the drain it should allow the drain to release the pressure and the check should hold the system air. That way it would allow the compressor to start at ambient pressure.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

my 2004 has a solenoid valve right after the compressor that acts as a check valve and bleeds a small amount of air off when the compressor shuts off, the way i got around the compressor not starting all the time was too loosen the air fitting on the compressor off a very small amount so the head preasure would leak off. The solenoid valve would stop the rest of the system from leaking

Does the water separator function releasing the water when the compressor stops? Per Forest, there should be a check valve after the water separator and before the tank. I do not see the check valve in the photo.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

on my 02 there is a 12v solenoid valve that is on the bottom of the water separator.  when the compressor shuts off, 12v is applied to the valve that when it opens it bleeds pressure off the head by blowing any water in the bowl out through a hose on the bottom and at the same time that bleeds the head pressure off.  these compressors are absolutely not made to start up with that kind of pressure on them.  

see the picture below.  

btw, your water separator looks like it has been replaced to me.  looks pretty new.

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I can't tell from the photo. My speciality is redneck diagnostics. If you stand near the compressor when it's running, do you hear any hiss or air escaping when it first turns off? If you do, you have some sort of mechanism for releasing the air. If you don't then you may not have such a device.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )