You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Trans won't go into Drive

Serviced the trans, changed filters, changed out filter "cap" which was broke and leaking like a siv.
Made new lines and setup a new trans cooler, put it all back together.

Now this thing will go into Reverse, but no Drive...

It gives me the three codes

The 55 codes refer to clutch pack 3 engagement...

Best part is, coach is backed 20' out of the shop and it's starting to sprinkle!

Any help would be appreciated gents.

Obviously I've checked all the plugs, loose wires, trans fluid level, etc

1996 45' Coach 409      Formally owned by a rock star.

60 Series DDEC III, tuned, No Limit Manifold, S475 turbo and Fluidampr

Purchased wrecked, currently redoing all interior and RF wreck damage.

Check your electrical connections. All of those can be tied to bad connections either at sensors or at the Transmission ECU. The 2511 is no speed reading from the rear output shaft sensor. 5517 deals with the shift solenoid and 5587 indicates that the C3 pressure switch did not close at the end of the shift from Neutral to Reverse.

That is the result of Google assistance, not personal knowledge.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Shot in the dark....

High speed idle switch engaged? That will keep my coach from going in gear.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Yeah, definitely checked all of that already.

Is it possible you are low on trans fluid? We had our oil changed once where the tech drained our transmission by mistake and tried to cover his error by stating that we had a "leak". We had to put 10 qts in to get it out of the bay. Another 6-8 qts on down the road to get it back to proper full level.

Take off green wire under dash on parking brake

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

I would really rethink trans fluid level. One, cause you drained some out to change the filters.
Two, cause a pressure switch isnt making, no fluid equal no pressure. Three cause the only way you can test the fluid level right now is with the dipstick instead of using the Allison keypad. You can’t check it with the keypad till its hot, and it will never get hot idling.

It went into reverse sort of negating the high idle and park brake scenarios.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Been busy working. Messed with it more this weekend, still doesn't want to go into a forward gear, reverse works fine, fluid level is good on dip stick...

Any Allison "experts" that may have something different? This electronic turd has to say something more...

And my first time re-filling it, I did fill it up more, still didn't do anything.

I'm with Richard on "no pressure".  I am not an Allison wizard.  I asked one of my shop guys to check the level and later discovered they did not check it with the engine running.  It's high when the engine is off so if you have a normal level with no engine running, this might be the answer.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Is it a push button or toggle shifter? If its a toggle it could be the Stone Bennett shifter not shifting working correctly. Are the codes historical or active. If active codes then I would lean towards internal issues.