You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

VMSPc plug connector

Anyone know if there is more than ONE plug in the front of the coach (1998) to connect the VMSPC to? 
My wife (bless her) called VMSPc and they said she needed a different connector - I ordered BOTH of the round plugs just to be sure.  I am not at the coach so she is trying to get the VMSPC hooked up and working today as we will be driving the coach across country day after tomorrow.  
Can anyone confirm that this is the correct plug (square)?  Picture attached...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

That sure looks like the one on our 1992 that I have VMSPc plugged into.

I have the square connector as well.

12 pin Molex.  

If you are handy, you might be able to order just the connector and crimp tool and make it yourself.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

yes that is the plug. they only use 4 of the pins. i hardwired mine in and ran the cable over to the glove compartment where i keep the vmspc box

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

We ended up ordering 3 (count em) three! Plugs from SilverLeaf to be sure we could leave on our trip and have engine monitoring since we have a new engine, trans, etc. Hopefully when I get there tomorrow evening I can figure out the wiring (thanks for the diagram Bill!) and it will all work. It looks like someone or maybe Newell already cut into the wiring for the original round plug and put the square plug in for whatever reason. SilverLeaf said that was a plug for a GAS engine...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

I have a round connector near the engine (Cat C12) but have always seen the square ones on our vintage Newells.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

i dont believe you ever had a round plug adrian. all the newells from 90 to early 2000's with the detroit engines used the rectangular plugs.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

My 99 had a rectangular plug. I still got it somewhere. My Foretravel needed a round plug.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I got the rectangular plug from Silverleaf. So, the person Adrian spoke with was a little off base. Send them a pic of the plug. They had them at one time.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(01-16-2019, 09:53 AM)pairodice Wrote:  Anyone know if there is more than ONE plug in the front of the coach (1998) to connect the VMSPC to? 
My wife (bless her) called VMSPc and they said she needed a different connector - I ordered BOTH of the round plugs just to be sure.  I am not at the coach so she is trying to get the VMSPC hooked up and working today as we will be driving the coach across country day after tomorrow.  
Can anyone confirm that this is the correct plug (square)?  Picture attached...

They have the rectangular plug just four wire we have the same plug on 469. Good luck

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell
Coach 459 45 foot 1 slide