You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

North east Big rig friendly

I would like to make a trip up thru the north east this summer and fall. It's all very dependent on the health of my Mother-in-law and what support she may need back home.

Most of my traveling has been to the Mid West to the West coast and along Hwy 40 and 10 in a 35' DP. Now with the Newell, we are interested in our North East this year. I'm planning on a week or 2 at each campground. This last Fall, while in the Newell, I found limited sites capable of our size rigs and it was off season. 

1) Do I need to really schedule out Parks because of my size and the time of year ?

2) Are there plentiful parks capable of taking 45' coaches plus a full size pickup ?

It would be helpful to have the recommendations of "Big Rig Friendly places to go" if it could be titled or sorted by state or region for research. 

Did I see or read about a big rig friendly magazine or publication available for just this sort of research ?

Any insight would be helpful.

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

This is a good place to start: https://www.big-rigs-rv.com/Home.html

They have both a hard copy and an on-line version.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

We may be able to help. We too are planning to spend the summer in NE. As many will attest, Rhonda is a planner of the nth degree.

Things are much tighter there.

You need reservations anywhere now, the RV parks are always maxxed out in the summer.

Send me an email at [email protected]. She is in the early stages of planning, as she finalizes things we will share what we learn with you.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

My mother lives in New Hampshire and these are the parks I use that accommodate a Newell. With their short summer season, I always utilize reservations. Most parks are full on the weekends.

Here is a list of parks I use, that includes the N/E. Fall colors in the N/E usually peaks somewhere around the 7th to 15th of October.

http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?ti...d=20#pid20

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

If anyone is spending time in Lancaster County/Philadelphia, PA, feel free to drop me a message. I'd be happy to meet up with you or serve as a tourist information resource for the area.

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou