You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Does anyone know about the coach at mot it is a 2003 Newell very pretty coach was wondering if anybody had a line on it. It looks nice,any information? Thanks I’m looking at my forever coach now and really like the Newell. Hopefully i will be lucky enough to get one.

If you can get the Newell coach number for it then some of the guys can look it up and probably tell you all about it. We will also give you advice like check the date code on the tires (need to be less than 7 years old), check the batteries individually to see which need to be replaced, have the engine/trans checked by a good mechanic (I suggest Bernd at WorldLineMotors right down the street in Nac.), Aquahot system is working, front end for wrecks/alignment, and slide-outs operation. Not sure it that one has HWH or Valid slides...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

That is coach #643. That one has HWH hydraulic slides and the Dana IFS suspension. What information are you looking for?

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Well i guess is this coach worth looking at. By reading things here it seems like the other suspension is better and the valid slides are very good. If someone knows a lot more you can pm me if you like. Didn’t know what coach # it was but thanks to mr day i do now.

I have never seen the coach in person. It is reasonably priced for a 2003. It does have the 365 front tire upgrade. As far as suspension, you will likely have to move up to the $200k price range to find that.

If the floorplan (center open bath with walk-in rear closet) and features meet your needs and it is in your price range it is likely worth looking at. Mileage and generator hours are both reasonable for a 2003. This was the 4th 2003 model Newell built.

If anyone has seen this coach, please let Oldsman41 know.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thank you yes if anybody has looked at it give me a yell. It does look quite nice but pictures can be off you know. Wife and i want to get down to texas soon so if somebody hasn’t nabbed it i will check it out.

Are you referring to the coach with the checkered flag graphics on the exterior? If so, I can tell you that the passenger side slide was blue taped when we were at MOT in July. I assume that meant it had a seal issue (leak), but I didn't get details because we were focusing on newer coaches. I'd suggest asking about the history on this. I did do a cursory walk through, but I don't recall any further specifics.

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou

Thank you Robert. That is good to know I’m not stuck on that coach in particular, it is one of a few that i want to look at. But info like that is good to know in advance.

Pretty sure this is the coach I saw at MOT last Fall. The right rear slide had rust running down the front edge of the Slide. It had been raining quite a bit, may have been fixed, don’t know.

Life is what you make it.

The people on this site are by far the best. I dont run down peoples products but i also dont want to be taken. In my journey to find the right coach i will give info on what i look at just like you fine people. I guess it is kinda looking out for one another. Thanks so far to all.