You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Looking for a tow bar

I've had good experiences with Roadmaster tow bars. I used the same towbar for many years on the back of my old gasser class A. It was the "basic" entry model tow bar and it towed a couple of sedans and a Honda CRV for many years (part time RVing). I did notice after several years that the bushing "sleeve" was coming loose on the internal portion of the extension arm on one side. Probably was time to replace it, but I traded the motorhome for another RV and the towbar went with it.

My current towbar is a Roadmaster rated for 10,000 lb on my Ram 3500 weighing in at 8,000 lbs. I'm using the Roadmaster Brake Buddy which is hooked to the air supply of the coach. I've been super happy with the setup so far, having only had it hooked up a few months now. Both of the 2" receiver attachments (coach receiver and riser adapter receiver) have 2 U-bolts (pulling in two different directions) holding the attachments tight and eliminates any extra movement. It feels secure and when I observe it in the rear camera, I see no extra movement.

Reading about the Air Force One brake system has my curiosity, however, after the comments I read above.

Steve and Linda Burleson 
28 years of RVing
Current RVs: 1986 Newell #125 w/2004 Ram 3500
2006 Keystone Raptor Toyhauler 30' stays at the family farm 
Previous RVs: 1989 Rockwood Driftwood 35' gasser
1978 Georgie Boy 28'