You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rear view monitor hole

I replaced the old Sony backup camera with a new color LCD screen and camera along with two side view cameras.  I placed the new camera on the upper cabinet bottom so I can see it better going down the road.  
Any good suggestions as to what to do with the old hole left by the Sony Cam?

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Buy a small sheet of smoked plexiglas. Or regular plexi and paint the backside flat black. Cut it slightly oversize and round the corners. Polish the cut edge down to 2000 grit wet sand. Drill and countersink very small holes in the corners to attach. Use black oval head screws.

Or put a bed in the hole and let the cat sleep there.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks Richard, I was thinking the same thing but I think I’m going to add a BIG Cup Holder to the front of it - there is a lack of cup holders in the front anyway and maybe that would alleviate the pain.
I was able to re-mount the rear-vision camera on the lower dash to the side of the steering wheel and did not have to use any screws/bolts to mount - the wide foot of the unit’s stand it is simply wedged into the dash cover and the double side mounting tape holds it well.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40