You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

part replacement information

I would like information to help me find a replacement rear bumper for my 1986 Newell.
Mine got bent and no one seems to want to try to straighten it.

I wonder if anyone can help me with this

Thanks

Donnell Cameron
1986 Keele Coach

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Doncamero 1986  Newell Wide Body Turbocharged 8V92
Keele Coach  

If it were me, I’d find a local metal worker to tweak it back into shape. Probably not all will be willing to work on it; but that’s fine, just keep looking till you find someone who will.

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

Our '87 bumper was bent when we got it. Removed it. Used a jack-all and 2x6 wood blocks to get the crease out, then put it back on. You need to look real close to see it was damaged. Was an easy bend. Any metal shop with a press should be able to straighten it. Good luck, Mark

Mark and Marian

1986 #125   (left us for a new home in Oregon)
1999 Wanderlodge LX40
1979 Mc 8 6V92
Pace 28' stacker

Regina Beach SK  Maricopa AZ

thanks Mark,  mine has a pretty bad crease in it, see attached photo,  Ive got a message in to Newell, so far no reply.
I think if no luck getting replacement, Ill try your method.

thanks all for the encouragement

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Doncamero 1986  Newell Wide Body Turbocharged 8V92
Keele Coach  

Out there in Kalifornia, there are tons of custom car builders. Surely they have access to technology for fixing the old bumpers and rechroming them.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I used this company on a complicated and damaged  classic Ford truck bumper with fantastic results. If you are in the LA area perhaps they can help you too,

D and R Chrome
3380 Randolph Street
Huntington Park , Ca  90255
323 584-6978
 www.dandrchrome.com

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Check out. Bumperboyz.com

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.