You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

#760 2006 2000i Mid-entry, Dual slide, bath & one half

Where is the main viewing TV in the salon in these coaches. Is it always and only up front in cab, or can it be across from recliners?

Also, how can one get a Newell factory-like inspection on one of these when it is far away from Miam-uh?

The tv is wherever the original owner choose to have it. Sometimes over the front windshield, sometimes across from the couch on a riser, sometimes in a fixed location across from the couch/recliner. I'm sure there are a few other configurations, as well. For example, the main TV location in some of the Murphy bed models could be considered that area. I've never noticed a swing down unit out of the ceiling like you often see in a Prevost.

I'll leave the inspection question for others.

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou

Marks71,

In my opinion, the best you can do if you are seriously interested in a particular coach, is to post the coach and the location on this forum. Then try to sweet talk one of the gurus in that area to go with you and help you look at the coach. Any Detroit, Cat, or Cummins shop should be able to hook their diagnostic machine to the engine/tranny and give you a thumbs up. Oil and tranny fluid analysis is justified on a purchase that big.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks. Do the engine shops do fluid analysis also? That's a good suggestion..

And by"gurus" do you mean Newell owners in the area, or is there actually a designated status, eg coach mechanic or expert?

M

Marks,

That coach has a Caterpillar engine (likely C15). If you take to a cat dealer (Newell has a list of dealers who support RVs on their website), they can look at computer and find any faults in the engine. They can also do fluid analysis.

About designated Status.....There are a lot of gurus (members of this site) who would be willing to help, but there is no one designated as "coach mechanic". The perceived liability of that would make that job kinda risky.

I seem to remember a thread where gurus talked about what to look for when buying a coach.

When I bought my coach, I really could have used a guru to help be understand all the systems on the coach. (It was my first coach and I was totally overwhelmed).

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2006-Ne...5010150645

Now at Premium Coach https://premiumcoachgroup.com/product/20...loor-plan/

$290,000

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

For what it's worth, the PCG page/ad actually says that this coach is located Brownsburg, IN.

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou