You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

#733 2005 Quad Slide SOLD

It's the interior colors that hurting the interest. If this coach had darker wood finish cabinetry and either simple beige or black furniture, it would have probably sold already. The ivory cabinets, lime green furniture, plaid green cloth and pink accents are tough to swallow.

Thoughts?

Non-neutral colors certainly can impact the sale-ability of a coach. Some folks prefer dark wood, some prefer the lighter laminate since it gives the coach a more open airy feel. Newell predominately used the lighter laminate from the early 1990's through 2007. 2008 was about an equal mix.

Somewhere out there is a person that would love the colors of this coach but it certainly can impact the size of the market. I personally like the pastel green furniture. Another coach was listed several years ago with pastel green furniture. The owner ended up reupholstering some of the furniture. I thought it looked much better the way it was originally. Just a matter of personal tastes.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Just out of curiosity, why the only 5000 lb hitch rating, I assume it had to do with the extra 2 foot of RV weighing more, though I would assume the engine, frame and transmission could handle more. We are about 2 years away from buying a coach, if not I would be very interested because at that price you could easily do some upgrading, if one so desires.  I hope it sells soon.

Hitch rating is typically chosen by the original person a Newell is designed for. If they just plan on towing a small car or SUV, then a 5000 lb hitch is ordered. If they want to tow a large trailer, a 2-1/2" hitch is selected. Virtually all Newells built during the last 30 years will tow 20,000 lbs with the installation of the correct hitch.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Many bulbs are out in the various rope lighting. Rope lighting is so unreliable and cheap. I wonder why they used it so often in RVs? I guess it was all the rage back in the early 2000's? Need to replace it all with RGB led's.

The bedroom TV is tiny. Tough to upgrade to something larger given that it's built in like it is.

There are too many colors going on in this coach. Black chairs, beige captains chairs, light green furniture and the odd patterned cloth dinette. This coach would sell in a jiffy it it were reupholstered and LED'ed.

$179k as/is ... that's my guess.

Sold...

#733 Ryan & Lori Johnson

how did it sell for?

Don, I think you need to pay to play. Its hard to find out what folks actually sell coaches for.

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

the reality is that everycoach is worth what you are willing to pay. i very often get asked to value coaches. i will only give very very broad ranges. like michael said that some will appeal to one person and not the next.

since there are so few newells, having everyone give the price they paid or sold a coach for makes it more difficult for those in the future to sell.

it is a conundrum that is ours to deal with. i always want more info when i am buying as well. but it is hard to get.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH