You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Leak down time for air system

AS you know Kid's Soap Bubble solution in a spray bottle is your friend.

Take a look at the air operated dump valve, and it's pneumatic control actuator.
Same thing for door actuator.
Take a look at the sequence valve on the potty.
Take a look at all the air plumbing associated with the pump.

If you have the little air/water separators associated with the pump and the rear six pack, look at the plastic bowls on those. Known to crack and leak like a sieve.

And I hate to say this, but a blown air seal results in a massive leak. You should have isolation valves on the air seals.

Do you have a 12V pump? If so that should keep the seals and potties going.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

PPV Pressure Protection Valve: Is this something a truck repair place can do easily and get parts for? We are heading East on I-10 today from Phoenix if all goes well and need a good place to check it for us. I cannot get under the coach for lack of cribbing/jack stands/concrete... I am going to check with Leo at All Aboard America to see if he has an opening this morning but not sure if they will have time to do anything other than diagnose issues for me. I’m planning to go to SpeedCo and get the oil analyzed and the transmission checked out and maybe change the fluid/filters in the Tranny.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

The PPV is a common item and easy, well relatively, to replace. All the motor truck part stores are likely to have them in stock

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

How far east are you going?