You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

'99 2 slide $149K

http://motorhomesoftexas.com/coachrv/new...-45--C1615

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I like this one Steve. The interior has a bit too much gold for my taste, but I like the outside and lay out. How does the price strike you?

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

"How does the price strike you?"

Todd,
All prices seem low to me as I've looked at Newells for years. I believe that there is more than $149K worth of coach there. Since about 2009 prices on 10-15 year old luxury coaches have dropped dramatically. Bottom line is that in todays market I feel the price is appropriate and still gives some room to negotiate. My analysis is based on the fact that the coach looks as good in person as it does in the pictures.

I too like the overall look of the coach!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I just returned from the Tampa RV show. There were some Class B motorhomes there. As most of you know, the Class B is a converted van where the rear seats fold down into a bed, very small bathroom, etc.

These units were on sale for around $118,000 at the show. Newell sells their Class Bs (Mercedes Sprinter) for around $128,000.

Take a look at that 1999 Newell 45' w/ 2 slides asking $149,000 and then look at a new Class B for $118,000 - $128,000 and tell me which one you think is the better deal?

IMO for an additional $30,000; there is no comparison!Smile

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

I agree with you Tuga. If you just look at value, todays Newell prices are a steal. I moved up one year from a Country Coach to a Newell, but the Newell has features that are 10 years ahead of the Country Coach. Too many people look at the year(how new it is) and mileage only. This puts them in high depreciation situations----and depreciation IS the most expensive part of coach ownership. Almost no one is going to wear out a Newell!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I purchased my 2001 through Motorhomes of Texas, which was on consignment. I still believe the company priced the coach fairly and the were a good outfit to work with. This should make someone a good coach at a good price.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

the door is extra wide, plus their is a stepwell cover on it if you look close. i wonder if it wasnt for handicap accessible (meaning a wheelchair). not sure where the wheelchair lift would be but it might be there too.

the wide entry door makes it easy to replace the fridge.....

and the stepwell cover makes that whole area alot bigger when driving.

good eye andrew

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

This coach reminds me of what Forest & Cindy's(Folliver) coach would look like with slides. It was the first thing I thought of when I saw it.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Coach now has a sale pending.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Well guys, I bought this coach and brought it home Fri. My wife and I have been looking at this coach for awhile and finally made made the jump. I will need a lot of help, since this is my first Newell. I traded an 02 Foretravel for it and it was not a even trade but I feel this is a better coach. I was worried that is might not fit well in my garage, but I have about 2' to spare on each end. It is #505. I have been keeping up with the Newell Gurus in to learn more about Newells and have found there is a lot of great knowledge out there. Thanks Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot