You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

NEED HELP! What was my brother working on?

Thanks guys, Will check when I get there tomorrow morning and hopefully it's a switch I missed or something but I will see. The entrance door works perfect it's just those steps.

So I tried the switch, nothing, What does that knob do, the one that is circled in Red, when i move it up or down I can hear a small motor trying to run. 

Will also be looking into Storage, any recommendations on RV Storage in the Laveen, AZ or city that's not too far away that I can call to see if there is space? I'll be googling this weekend on storage options until I have a buyer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That switch activates the bay door locks. It locks and unlocks them. The mechanism is a 12 volt one on each bay door. Several were bad on ours when we first bought our coach and had to be replaced. I got our replacements from a salvage yard but have since learned that many gurus have gotten new ones from Amazon & E-bay for about $25.00 each.

worst case just to be able to move the coach, you can raise the coach up and disconnect the arm that moves the steps. it is held in place with a cotter pin on a rod. it will be under pressure so might be hard to get out. i used a punch and hammer if needed.

then you can take a small ratchet strap and strap the step up.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks Tom! will do with the steps!!

with the steps out and the coach raised up, you should be able to take the rod out without getting underneath the coach. you do not want to get crushed underneath.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH