You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New Kid on the Block

Hello Newell gurus, 
I've been reading and gathering info from this site for a while. Finally joined although I have no experience to share yet. Thank everyone who shares their knowledge, I've learned a lot from you all. My wife & I are full time RVers and we're raising our granddaughter. We've made the decision to buy a Newell when we can find what we need. Hoping to find a 2008-2011 with a bunk.
A question for the gurus. The bunk models that we've seen all have curtains. Are there no coaches with doors that can close off the bunks? I realize there are doors on both ends of the hall, but I really dislike the look of curtains covering the bunks. We would really like to have some sort of doors instead, plus as our granddaughter gets older she's going to want more privacy than a simple curtain provides. I'm wondering if anyone has seen bifold or flex doors (similar to a roll top desk) in any of the Newell coaches. 
Looking forward to being a true member of the Newell family

Hoping to be a Newell owner soon
2018 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38K

i am sure michael will chime in here. first of all there are very few newells with bunks to start with. all the ones i remember have curtains.

what i dont remember is if they have hallway doors that close off the bunk area

welcome to the gang

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tshirt,

Buy the Newell that fits your wishes as closely as you can. Then stop by Newell and they will install any adjustment that makes you happy. It is just money and now it is just as you wish. PLUS, it is a Newell and not a production coach.

And permit me to add another welcome to the Gurus.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Welcome! Although my list may not be complete, the known Newells in the 2008-2011 time frame with bunks include #1272 and #1290, both 2009's, #1425 and #1428, both 2011's. I have never seen a Newell with solid doors covering the bunks but as Rudy mentioned, the factory can make almost any dream come true. I am aware of only 20 Newells made since 2002 with bunk beds and at least one of those (#619, a 2002) had the bunks in the walk in rear closet and they had been removed prior to 2015 by an owner who preferred the extra hanging space to the bunks. Since about 2009, there have been no more than 1-3 Newells built per year with bunk beds and in some years I am unaware of any being built.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thank you all for the welcome, again I am amazed at the depth of knowledge you all possess. Sounds like I'm going to have a difficult time finding a bunk model in my price range since there were so few built. Newmar makes a bunk model with doors, and of course it's pretty and shiny. However, after all the countless hours of reading and research I've done, I would still rather have an older Newell than a new assembly line rv. Perhaps I'll be able to find a bunk model, and Newell can give me some options.

Hoping to be a Newell owner soon
2018 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38K

Foretravel also makes their bunks with doors.

We only needed one bunk, so we had Newell convert our rear wardrobe instead. And add doors. Smile

2008 Newell #1234
Boulder, CO