You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

A C power input

Hello Guros Joe coach 469. I just got a new storage space it has 110 @ 15 amps. The outlets are GFI and when I plug in it trips. So I was told to remove the ground from my adapter and it should work. So I did and set the invertor to 15 amps and it works,I am showing 110 volts on both gauges and about 15 amp draw. The invertor shows Bulk charge so is this safe or will I burn something up? Second question which compressor keeps the bladder full? Thanks in advance Joe

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell
Coach 459 45 foot 1 slide

Joe, if the coach is continually drawing the amount of amperage that the storage facility breaker is rated for, based on my experience it will likely eventually trip leaving you with no power to the coach until it is reset.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Joe,

"Second question which compressor keeps the bladder full?"

I'm assuming your reference to the "bladder", you are asking about the slide seals.  On your vintage coach, there are three air compressors.  The simple answer is that any one of the three will inflate the slide seals.

Here is how it works.  The 12Volt compressor will put around 60 psi into the air tank in the right rear wheel well and energize the toilet(s), air pocket doors, and slide seals.  The small compressor is isolated from the rest of your coach's air system by a check valve located on the previously mentioned air tank.

The 110Volt compressor will produce up to about 110 psi and energizes ALL systems in your coach.  Once the 110 compressor psi rises to above 30 psi the check valve on the RR wheel well air tank opens and the compressor also produces air for the entire 12V system by sending the air through the 12V compressor regulator, which is located on the 12V air compressor.

The engine compressor produces about 120 psi and energizes the entire coach.  It will fill the brake air tanks to about 60 psi before it begins filling ALL of the other air systems of the coach.  It energizes the 12V system through the before mentioned check valve when the coach air system goes above 30 psi.

See this very crude schematic:  http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=2674

Hope this is helpful................................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(09-19-2018, 04:16 AM)rheavn Wrote:  Joe,

"Second question which compressor keeps the bladder full?"

I'm assuming your reference to the "bladder", you are asking about the slide seals.  On your vintage coach, there are three air compressors.  The simple answer is that any one of the three will inflate the slide seals.

Here is how it works.  The 12Volt compressor will put around 60 psi into the air tank in the right rear wheel well and energize the toilet(s), air pocket doors, and slide seals.  The small compressor is isolated from the rest of your coach's air system by a check valve located on the previously mentioned air tank.

The 110Volt compressor will produce up to about 110 psi and energizes ALL systems in your coach.  Once the 110 compressor psi rises to above 30 psi the check valve on the RR wheel well air tank opens and the compressor also produces air for the entire 12V system by sending the air through the 12V compressor regulator, which is located on the 12V air compressor.

The engine compressor produces about 120 psi and energizes the entire coach.  It will fill the brake air tanks to about 60 psi before it begins filling ALL of the other air systems of the coach.  It energizes the 12V system through the before mentioned check valve when the coach air system goes above 30 psi.

See this very crude schematic:  http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=2674

Hope this is helpful................................
Thanks Steve this is most helpful! The check valve you mentioned sometimes you can hear it moaning so I think it is leaking. Going to check it this morning. So if I change. the check valve air the tanks then run the 12volt compressor the slide seal might stay inflated?

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell
Coach 459 45 foot 1 slide

If your 12V air system holds pressure, then your slide seals will inflate.  Staying inflated has to do with whether or not the system has air leaks.  The original shut off valves for each slide seal are notorious for leaking.   With the 110V air compressor shut off and the main air system with no air, activate your 12V compressor and let it fill until it shuts off.  Now note how long it takes to turn back on.  This will give you your first indication of whether the 12V air system has leaks.  In the above condition, my 12V compressor runs once a day.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

let me ask for a clarification. will the slide seal stay inflated indefinitely once inflated and no compressor is turned on? or is it common for them to leak slowly down over a period of a day or so.

since i have been playing with my air system alot in the past few weeks, i noticed my rear slide seal will slowly deflate in less than a day if there is no air in the system. i had never noticed before since i always either had a compressor on or on shop air in my shop. as steve said, one of my original shut off valves at the rear slide air manifold was leaking but that is before the valve that isolates the seal.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH