You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

book value? 100k?

I saw that nada doesn't even list Newells (not that nada is generally correct when it comes to rv's anyway).  What can I expect to get for $100k?  $125k?  I want slides, so if this dollar amount can't get me in a Newell.. I'll just have to settle for some other brand (Newmar and Travel Supreme are on my radar.. but dang Newell's are nice).

Newell began adding slides in 1997 (yes there is one 1996 with a slide #436). I have seen a 2 slide 1998 advertised for $83,000 and another one for $101,000, a 1998 2 slide for $129,900 and a 2 slide 2000 for $125,000. So there are Newells out there with slides in the price range you mention.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

thanks, I guess I'l keep an eye on the for sale section. Is there no guide kept for values of these rigs?

No guide. Too few sales to justify a guide.

Michael gave you some good info. Use that info, condition and maintenance of the coach, and “what someone is willing to pay/what someone is willing to take” as about an accurate estimate as exists.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

The production numbers for Newell are so low that it is not practical to list them in any guide. Newell has averaged only 30 units per year built over the past 50 years. Additionally, the difference in size, equipment and layout is so significant that trying to judge a value for a Newell just based on the year would be unrealistic.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com