You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

making a bedroom

i have had our 02 now for over 7 years.  our lives have been busy and full and always something to do

when we bought it, it had no bedroom.  i had a large rear slide with a long sectional couch with a hideabed in it and an office desk across from it.  

i took all of that out and with the help of a craftsman friend, made a newell style curved laminate bed with storage.  only a cal king a big guy.  

but the floor next to the bed was bare wood and no end tables and trim pieces.  so over the last few months that has been the project.  we recently remodeled our cabin and a friend who is in his 70's did the knotty hickory cabinets for it.  incredible.  so he agreed to make the end tables to my design.  with curved laminate drawers and quartz tops.  he said he had over 100 hours in them.  

then my friend wade and i for the last week have been making trim pieces, covering them, trimming and trimming and adjusting and wiring and fitting and readjusting and fitting.  a zillion trips in and out.  i had to make a trip back to the cabinet guy to shorten a couple of drawers so to make the wires behind them fit.  

all i have left now is to make the headboard and put some carpet on the plywood floor that is showing.  the carpet goes on tomorrow.  

also, chuck k was kind enough to give me his dinette out of his coach.   i had no dinette, just a long desk.  the desk came out, the dinette table went in.  ron g, fabricated an acrylic leg for me and now we are set for now.  we made some upholstered covers to go behind the chairs for now and will use fixed chairs for the time being.  

i know it doesnt look like much work, but it was a ton work for us.  a few pictures

and thanks to my buddies, newell owners and otherwise.  

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That will look very nice when you get it all together Tom.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Especially when we all pile in the Cal King to watch cartoons in the morning.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Those cabinets are amazing and the pictures don’t do them justice. Can’t wait to see the finished product!

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

carpeted the bare wood floor.  it took me forever.  

but it looks great.

all done with bedroom till next winter.  then i will do the headboard and be done.  

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

The carpet looks great! Can you send a Pano picture of the whole thing? We both want to see it...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40