You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air compressor quit working

Hello to all.  When I parked my coach last week (Wednesday 4/24) air compressor for the house systems was working fine.  

I came by today and the compressor is not working.  I have tried in both the 120v and 12v but it won't work in either one.  So obviously without air available systems like the toilet, doors, driver seat won't function.

I checked the breaker panel  and fuse panel in the back (bathroom) and didn't find one labeled for the compressor.

anyone ever run into this and have any insight on where to begin trouble shooting?

Jeff Reed
2003 45' coach #674
2018 Jeep Wrangler

Jeff,

First of all...are the compressor switches turn on in the galley?

Second, when you say you tried both....So neither compressor is running? You have looked at both? On my coach the 120V is in bay under copilots seat and the 12V is in same bay as the Aquahot.

If you crank the coach, the engine compressor will make enough air to air up your systems.

On my coach, the breaker for the 120V compressor is in basement half way back on drivers side. (In front of the water bay). I also have a carpet covered panel in same bay that has some 12V fuses. I think that is where the 12V pump fuse would be.

But it would be a huge coincidence if power failed to both pumps at same time.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

very common for the 12v compressor to blow a fuse. bump the fuse size up one to 15a.

it is in one of the mid coach bays on the drivers side under a carpeted box that is velcroed to the wall

the 120v compressor has the breaker in the small 120v panel next to your inverter in one of the mid bays on the drivers side as well.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thank you Bill and Tom. I'll check all those suggestions in the next day or two. The switches in the galley were on but nothing was happening.

Bill, based on the knowledge you provided, I was not correctly attempting to operate the 12v compressor (still learning as a newbie!). I will crank the engine and try the 12V next time I'm at the coach and confirm if it's just the 120v having the issue and not the 12v.

The info on the fuse and breaker locations is great and I'll check all those as well. I'm hopeful that a breaker is the issue.

Once again, I love this forum and the experience of the gurus!

Jeff Reed
2003 45' coach #674
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Big Grin 

I learn from other peoples problems, Wink meanwhile creating some of my own,  Big Grin  yes the Forum is great

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

I keep both the 120v and the 12v compressor switches on all the time. As long as the 120v is working correctly, the 12v will never kick on. However, if the 120v does not operate for some reason the 12v will keep the suppy at 60 psi to operate the doors, toilets, slide seals, etc. this has saved me more than once from being completely out of air.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

I do the same thing

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Good morning. I finally have some info as an update.

Turns out the 12v compressor was functioning fine...just newbie operator error there.

The breaker was tripped for the 120v on the panel in the driver side mid coach bay.

Thanks again to everyone for the help and maybe I’ll see you at the no rally rally (set to arrive Saturday afternoon 5/4).

Jeff Reed
2003 45' coach #674
2018 Jeep Wrangler