You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide Room Lock Pin Hole

Guys,
Question for you all....concerning the slide pin receptor hole.  When the slide is deployed and this hole fills up with water after a rain or two.  How does the water drain out of this hole or does it?  If it doesn't drain out...where does it go when you bring the slide in and the lock pin engages?

What I am fighting with is a persistent water leak in the bedroom slide, aft wall area.  I did find a screw that fell into in that receptor some time ago, it was giving me some trouble with the lock pin.  That screw may have poked a hole into the bottom part of it during the lock sequence.  

Thanks,
Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

I don’t think mine have an intentional drain.

Look very carefully at the seam between the roof of the slide and the slide outer skin. The smallest crack in the sealant will wick a ton of water.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks Richard, that is exactly spot on.  Just replaced the sealant on 270 degrees of the slide room tube to exterior skin joint.  It was de-bonded on the skin side of the fillet.  No rain here for the next 7 days so we will see if that helped.

I replaced the silicone wedges at the corners of the slide tube.  Is there a method to form the dab of silicone to the crease, in the inflatable seal without making a mess?  Not that I made a mess or anything like that just asking:-)

Thanks
Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

after i replaced my slide seal i re did the silicone wedges. it has been raining alot here and i have had no leaks. but i must admit they look pretty scruffy. i had the advantage of a scissors lift in my shop so i did them one day and then touched them up the next day.

i did them by looking at them.

chris, one of our members sprays does it by spraying some kind of release agent.....on the seal, puts silicone on the slide and then brings the slide in and inflates the seal, lets it set overnight, then deflates the seal and cleans it all up. i was not brave enough to try that.

like richard, i do not think the holes have drains in them. btw, there are rubber inserts that go in those holes. i replaced mine and it took alot of the rattle out of the slide while driving.

in my shop, i totally took out the sealant on 3 sides of both my slides. it was hard and cracked, cleaned it up good then used quick cure 3m 5200 and made sure it got deep into the cracks, then used a bowl of water and my fingers to smooth is out nice. that stuff really seals and any leaks i had been chasing are totally gone.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom
I am like you, I don't have the guts to try and mold them insitu so I just eye balled them will see how they did later on today. 

My old sealant was brittle and came out in long strings.  I use Stika 252 squirting deep down into the gap then the forming the fillet with my finger.  Glad to hear yours turned out leak free.

The slide pin hole did not have any rubber inserts in them.  Did you make the inserts or order them from Newell?

Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?ti...pin+rubber

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Steve,

You may not have inserts. I do not. It all depends what HWH slide lock Newell used, and I am aware of three different types.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard
I cleaned out each hole, did not find any rubber pieces....just some dirt and grease.  Thanks for letting me know!

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Update; We have now had several good rains and my slide is dry and leak free with the slide extended.  Have retracted the slide for a leak check tomorrow as we have a 60% chance of rain.  Thanks to all for the help!

Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

567 has drain tubing from the top holes to openings on the bottom of the slide.  I have tried to rod them out with solid wire without success.  A call to Creslie confirmed some do have drains but do not try to pressurize in an effort open the passage.  The pressure will separate the tubing and cause water intrusion inside the slide wall. 
Mine are still plugged and will likely stay that way.  I do clean out the pin holes very often and lots of dirt comes out with the overflow.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567