You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

#1231 2008 Newell at Motorhomes of Texas - Rough Shape

This coach initially looked interesting (though we were really looking for a curb side dining/street kitchen).  But I reached out to see what this coach is all about...  https://www.motorhomesoftexas.com/Pre-ow...4?ref=list

Initially, the pictures weren't too bad (coach just arrived - slides in) https://photos.app.goo.gl/nnNpiNuTFAgccsJL9

I had some questions: 
  1. Exterior Electric Cord Reel – Am I correct that the power reel isn’t working, and the cord is just thrown into the compartment?
  2. Generator – Now I realize that the generator isn’t nose mounted.  Can’t figure out which side the radiator & fan are for the generator (hoping street size/less noise & dust).  And where is the generator itself mounted?
  3. Does the tag axial also run Michelin 365’s, or are they 315s?
  4. Kitchen Silverleaf Display – It seemed to be displaying an unidentified fault.  Do you know what the fault was?
  5. Dining table – just want to confirm that a rectangular table is actually there.  It didn’t show in a picture, but I did see a small circular table next to the fridge.  Counting on an extendable table for the booth (which I assume has additional cushions somewhere for seating?
  6. Glass Display Case – area the glasses all missing?
  7. Exterior Windows – Are any foggy or have creeping seals?  Is the master/behind the bed the only one on the coach that opens, besides the small driver window?
  8. Shower Door – Is the securing latch missing/broken?  (Noticed it was taped in place).
  9. Front Salon – Assume that’s some sort of fridge under the TV in the desk area?
To which Ben @ MOT responded:
  1. The cord reel is currently broken, not sure why or how, was like that when it arrived. I’m sure that can be dealt with by the owner though.
  2. The fan and radiator are located on the road (drivers) side of the coach. I believe it was the second bay door from the front….i can update that set of photos to show you that.
  3. I will get back to you on this one…….
  4. Same here, I will get back to you on this one. I do not know what the fault was at the time…..i will check that though.
  5. I will verify this info when I get the rest for you.
  6. Yes sir, ALL the glasses were missing from the display….not certain if they were stored, or just discarded…..i will verify this for you as well.
  7. I didn’t notice any foggy windows or creeping seals, however, I will investigate this for you.
  8. Yes sir, the latch is broken or missing, no worries, I can take care of that as well….
  9. Yes sir, that is a beverage fridge…..cans, bottles, etc…..i will get a better photo of that as well.
I need to open it up and take photos with the slides open…..i snapped all these photos as soon as it pulled into the lot.
Everything was still is a bit of a tizzy.
I will try to have answers for all of this today for you.
Ben

Well, he took additional pictures with slides open, and it was painful to see the condition of this coach.  https://photos.app.goo.gl/r8Dm6HWsCDYWH3F6A  And if the pictures aren't painful enough, his responses make me wonder how many thousands would it take to put this coach right?  His additional responses:

I snapped a bunch more photos that i as a buyer would absolutely want to see. Pretty sure that these will answer most of your questions.

3) 385/65/22.5
4) i will need service to figure this one out.
5) only table i could find is the round one.
7) multiple windows are fogged...couldn't see with shades down, but easy with them raised.
8) shower door track appears bent/broken
I discovered several other issues while investigating the 1st set of questions. The photographs will likely speak for themselves.
Please Don't misunderstand me, this is a beautiful coach, however, it needs some t.l.c.
If you wish for me to continue after you view these photos, i will certainly start on your second set of questions.
I had this completed yesterday for you, however, i had a noon appointment show up at approx 430 yesterday......5 hours late Sad
https://photos.app.goo.gl/r8Dm6HWsCDYWH3F6A
Ben Curtis 936 615 6684

Questions for the Guru's - 

Have you ever seen a dining table cum booth set up like this?
What could cause all those exterior issues (rust?)
Virtually every window needs replacing - never seen that before!  Cost?
How do you break a ceiling?
The three faults on the Silverleaf - any way to figure out of their minor...or major?
Any idea of it's history?

This coach certainly wasn't a garage queen....almost wonder if it was given to a son for frat party use!   

Mark of SJC

Back in 2014, I ran an AutoCheck report on #1231 and it came back saying that 4/30/2014 it had an Oklahoma Salvage Title and 6/17/2014 an Oklahoma Water Damage Title.

It was listed on RV Trader in August of 2014. At that time the listing indicated the following: Salvage Title, sustained flood damage. Water level was to the bay doors, actuators for bay door not operating, front gen cap is off and in a bay, minor scratches on exterior and left access door is off hinge. Power entry does not operate correctly, power tilt steering column broken. Listed East Bethel, MN, located in Tulsa, OK. Auction closes 8/12/14, Estimated Repair Cost $417,000, bids start $150,000.

Apparently some work has been done to the coach since 2014.

Newell in 2014 indicated they will not work on this coach since it carried a Salvage Title.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Michael,
Thanks for the update. I have to give massive accolaids to Ben at MOT. He called and said he thought this may have been a flooded coach...and he'd gone so far as to reach out to Newell to try and confirm.

This makes Newell Gurus, and the coaches they know/own, so valuable - history is king!

Really appreciate the update. And the 2007 Newell with a Murphy bed they had was sold before it ever hit their yard - look (exterior wise) almost identical to this one!

Mark of SJC

I think those 2 were stock photos: they looked exactly the same - or that was my impression.

Not showing on MOT's website now.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337