You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell Air System Fundamentals

At the 2019 NewellGurus Rally in Foley, AL, Richard Entrekin gave a presentation on the Fundamentals of the Newell Air System. I had several requests to record and post this session.

To make this information more view-able, I split the presentation into 6 videos. The links to the videos are listed below:

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thanks to Richard and Steve for sharing this info they have acquired over the years and to Michael for the video.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

I've already watched them on YouTube. They were very informative, thanks guys! Are any other presentations going to be posted?

Life is what you make it.

Only had a chance to watch part of the first one, but this is invaluable to neophytes, like me! Can't thank you enough, Richard and Michael.

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou

I havebeen remiss in posting the specific air system rescue parts I mentioned in the videos. Here is list of the quick connects and plugs that can be used to repair a blown line, or cap a line while on the road.

I recommend that you go back and use compression style fittings to make a more permanent repair.

https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/125/233 You will want about 4 each of 1/4, 3/8. and 1/2 Straight Connectors Tube. You also want 2 each of 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 Plugs. The plug will turn the straight connector into a deadhead cap for an airline.

I also recommend that you carry lengths of 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 DOT airline. https://www.mcmaster.com/dot-tubing

Anyway, this will get you fishing around in the McMaster catalog for high quality air fittings.

As always, use DOT approved fittings instead of the Home Depot/ACE/Lowes fittings. There is a difference in the robustness of the fitting. One broken 1/4 fitting can leak enough to keep you from building air pressure. No air = no go.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

VIDEOS!!! YAY! Thank you Michael for putting these up!!!
Any others want to share I would be more than happy to watch! (Just have to wait until after work today!)...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

thank you for doing the videos. great information.

Fishinator, 
James & Dr. Jeanie 
1987-8V92 Coach#132